Australia Post Delivery Times

I sold an item about a week ago (sent as large letter) and the buyer contacted me as it had not arrived saying it should take 3-4 days for delivery, from regional QLD to WA.

I thought that seems strange as last time I looked at the AP website they usually say up to 6 business days for most locations.

So I go through the postage calculator and up the top they state that delivery takes 1-4 days depending on lodgement and delivery location. I had to put in the postcodes to get the price and delivery time.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Australia Post Delivery Times

@designers*n*more wrote:

I have no complaints when it comes to parcels being delivered to me, my regular driver always takes the time to drop my parcels at my front door which is out of view to passers by!

of the last 25 parcels I have posted, only 1 parcel was delivered within the estimated time frame.

when I lodged complaints with AP they're poor response was, our delivery times are estimates only, I suggest if you want the parcel delivered quickly use Express Post.

But that will be their whole ploy,(they want people to pay the extra for express so the get an increase in

payments/profits).

So, based on the poor delivery service, I now emai my buyers to advise that delivery times are estimates only and should not be considered to be actual delivery times and to check the date of lodgement on tracking before leaving low DSRs.

I've messaged the buyer the day and time of when I posted their item since I started selling six years ago and my postage star has always sat at 5,good.gif

Ebay's postage estimates will destroy that system as it will not be based on when it was sent but the time

it took for AP to get it to the buyer,(so the seller will be punished for eBay's greed once again),shok.gif

eBay are happy to push for tracking on previously untracked items as it increases the price of postage on those

items and it will give eBay a higher FVF on postage.

AP and eBay both want more revenue and see this as a way of achieving it.

Time will tell how much damage it will cause in the long run as some items will simply cost to much if they have

to be sent by trackable means.

Most of my items are sent by letter rate and an increase in price will just mean that it will become near

impossible to sell those items,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

IMHO it's the postage cost component that prevents the sale of a number of items,(no matter how low you have

the actual price).

Message 21 of 37
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

If you have nothing against Australia Post why are you including footage from America in your list of the supposed failings of AP employees and contractors?

I hope the people who have this irrefutable proof have taken it to AP....guaranteed it will be acted upon where it involves contractors.

What happens with employees I don't know.....different rules, different union.

And just for the record.....I have had the most fantastic parcel contractor delivering to me for over 10 years. He even leaves me notes if he has safe dropped a parcel that looks a bit the worse for wear.

My postman has been coming for about 8 years and also goes the extra mile.   We receive a number of magazine subscriptions every month and although they fit easily into the letterbox the postie still brings them to the door if there is more than one in that days delivery.

I get certificates that say "do not bend" folded in half and jammed in the mailbox. Very poor service concidering it costs more to send a B4 size letter

Message 22 of 37
Latest reply

This is a bit off the beaten track but we had a letter sent to us from the real estate company regarding an up coming inspection. The real estate office is 1 kilometer up the road. It took ELEVEN days to get to us. Australia Post just said 'that's odd'.  I'm just glad it was not a sale we sent that happened to. And they wonder why they are losing money. 

Message 23 of 37
Latest reply

@x3n0m wrote:

If you have nothing against Australia Post why are you including footage from America in your list of the supposed failings of AP employees and contractors?

I have no idea what you are talking about Lyndal ..  footage from America? .. okay whatever you say .. (perhaps the youtube server is in America .. I don't know what you are on about now) ..

there are hundreds of anti AUSPOST videos on youtube lyndal .. that random sampling there is just from a quick browse which I was hoping would give people a giggle but obviously not you it seems .. obviously you have nothing but praise for auspost but it would seem that there are some unhappy confused customers about who are getting very very sub-standard service ,, that little detail seems to elude you .. and whilst we are on the subject of contractors I should point out here that the hoards of unwashed auspost contractors are treated very poorly by auspost with each job tendered out and basically handed to the lowest bidder or family friend etc .. the whole system is about to topple over and implode but am happy for you that you have a friendly smilely contractor .. that is in fact a rarity these days as most are extremely sour (you do know sour don't you lyndal?)  .. .. as I said in previous posts I am really not invested in creating an online trader business .. auspost is one of the reasons I will not be pursuing an income from mail order .. ebay would be the other .. lol ..  I have made well and truly sure to distance and insulate myself from auspost's activities and ebays .. it is the only way forward ..

When I first looked at those links there was one entitled Deliveries Gone Wild.....it was a CNN clip about Courier deliveries in the USA....FedEx and UPS.

It seemed strange when the discussion was about Australia Post and its shortcomings.

I am well aware that people are having problems with Australia Post....it certainly does not elude me at all, but I am not about to put the boot in to a service that I have no problem with.

You may have noticed that wherever possible I try to help posters to solve problems they have with AP.

Your attack on me does you no favours and your comment about the hoards of great unwashed AP contractors is bordering on offensive.   I have more than a working knowledge of contractors having been one myself.  I was a subby to AaE for 10 years as was my OH.  I am now retired but my OH is now contracted to StarTrack.

While drivers for these companies were/are treated better than the AP Couriers it is still not a picnic working for them....ultimately the boss is AP.

Their current little trick is to pay the drivers for the time worked but to claw back $13.00 a day because they say we are not busy enough....even drivers working 14 hours a day and delivering 80-100 items are deemed to be not busy enough.

Message 24 of 37
Latest reply

I just want to clarify that there are great people that work for Australia Post. Generally speaking the service is good but the fact remains that they do not provide the service they promise. IMO they are purposfully giving false information on the website.

Message 25 of 37
Latest reply

Parcel Deliveries , anything that can not fit in the post box .

Message 26 of 37
Latest reply

@sky5805 wrote:

Parcel Deliveries , anything that can not fit in the post box .

Meaning what?????

Message 27 of 37
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

I just want to clarify that there are great people that work for Australia Post. Generally speaking the service is good but the fact remains that they do not provide the service they promise. IMO they are purposfully giving false information on the website.

Were you able the find the info on the website?  Wow.  There have been times lately when I've been looking for info and it just sends me around in circles.  AP's website is part of the problem.  Try contacting them to tell them the problem....there's not enough characters allowance to explain.

Parcels in my area have been delivered by contractors for ages but I can only conclude that more than one driver does the deliveries.  There's the Good Contractor who tries fitting the item in the letter box first, knows the safe drop place if it is too big and always leaves the card in the letterbox if a sig is required. (Actually I wish he'd override that and deliver the parcel anyway but, hey, you can't have everything).

Then there's the Evil Contractor who leaves a large parcel perched on top of the letter box where anyone could help themselves, instead of doing a safe drop, leaves a card without even trying to deliver the article, and my absolute pet hate, leaving the card scrunched up and wedged in the middle of my screen door where I can't reach it. (I can't manage the steps at that door anymore).

I wish it was an AP rule that cards must be left in the letter box.  I check the letter box every day....I don't always open my front door looking for a scrunched up AP card (especially in winter)  I don't think my request is unreasonable.

Message 28 of 37
Latest reply

I have heard that if you make a complaint on their official AP facebook page you will be answered promptly.

Message 29 of 37
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

I have heard that if you make a complaint on their official AP facebook page you will be answered promptly.

I'm not on Facebook, but I have filed complaints with AP about where the cards were left.  Both times I was told if would be fixed up and for a while it was..... but eventually the Evil Contractor would be back and the card would once agan be left out of reach.

Parcel delivery - it's a lottery sometimes. Smiley Frustrated

Message 30 of 37
Latest reply