Australia Post Delivery Times

I sold an item about a week ago (sent as large letter) and the buyer contacted me as it had not arrived saying it should take 3-4 days for delivery, from regional QLD to WA.

I thought that seems strange as last time I looked at the AP website they usually say up to 6 business days for most locations.

So I go through the postage calculator and up the top they state that delivery takes 1-4 days depending on lodgement and delivery location. I had to put in the postcodes to get the price and delivery time.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

True Harley. I now post complaints on FB. The messages I send via MyPost go unanswered! By Facebook usually get a response within 24hrs.

Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

obviously, it was sent Express Post.
Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

arctos
Community Member

May I add my tale of woe.

A small certificate , about A4 size, took 21 days to go from Ballarat to Adelaide. Luckily the buyer was lovely and very patient. Checking on tracking info I see that it sat in the Sunshine West Postal facility for 14 days and in that time was scanned 3 times.

I lodged a complaint and got a form reposonse saying it was probably because of a damaged or difficult address label, but the label was printed in 28 font and clearly visible and correct. I checked with the buyers and he confirms it arrived undamaged and clearly legible.

In reponse I got neither an explanation nor an apology.

They just don't care. Australia Post are a joke . They deserve to fail. 

Thanks for  letting me vent.

* Picks up milk crate and wonders off into crowd*

Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

Do you really think a FOUR year old thread is the place to vent?

Apart from anything else, the information given here is mostly out of date, and could well confuse somebody who thinks it current because the thread is on the first page.

Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

@arctos wrote:

Checking on tracking info I see that it sat in the Sunshine West Postal facility for 14 days and in that time was scanned 3 times

It is a well known fact that Sunshine West is one of the black holes in the Australia Post delivery network.   It is very hard to get parcels out of these black holes once they get in.

In reponse I got neither an explanation nor an apology.

Why would you get an apology.....that is not how AP works.

And there is no explanation!

They just don't care. Australia Post are a joke . They deserve to fail. 

How are they likely to fail.....if they need more money they will just increase the price of more services in their twice yearly price increases.

Thanks for  letting me vent.

* Picks up milk crate and wonders off into crowd*

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

As far as I'm aware, large letters don't go via Sunshine West. They go via Dandenong. Parcels go via Dandenong.
Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

Sorry, I meant to say parcels go via SW.
Message 37 of 37
Latest reply