Australia Post Delivery Times

I sold an item about a week ago (sent as large letter) and the buyer contacted me as it had not arrived saying it should take 3-4 days for delivery, from regional QLD to WA.

I thought that seems strange as last time I looked at the AP website they usually say up to 6 business days for most locations.

So I go through the postage calculator and up the top they state that delivery takes 1-4 days depending on lodgement and delivery location. I had to put in the postcodes to get the price and delivery time.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

x3n0m
Community Member

Prepare for more of this as ebay has created an entire department complete with overpaid suits devoted to speedy delivery which now gives buyers unrealistic expectations about delivery time frames .. I just got a bad feedback because a large letter from QLD to Victoria apparently took 4 days to arrive there .. it would appear the buyer expected the letter to arrive faster and commented on the delay in my feedback which was all 5 star but obviously won't be for much longer, I checked the feedback they are leaving others and it seems that he/she has recently decided to start whinging about delivery times in feedback for all the sellers they buy from on ebay .. if I relied on this place for an income I would be outraged .. as I am just a casual seller I am vaguely amused and am patiently awaiting for ebay to finish vandalising their website ..

as there is nothing more we can do to hasten the delivery time aside from purchasing express postage which I have personally seen take 7 days to deliver 100km from me I believe the writting is now firmly on the wall for many sellers and that behind the scenes the corporate manipulators are up to something very sinister which ebay is trying to force upon sellers so as to artificially/temporarily prop up auspost profits so that ebay gets a sweetheart deal with their ebay/auspost special parcel rate that is a well kept secret from the Australian public .. to me it just seems like corporate collusion which will be duly ignored by the ACCC as they are obviously there to serve the American Chamber of Commerce .. not the Australian public in any way shape or form ..

Once the Auspost two speed letter delivery service rort is rolled out there will be a very aggressive push from ebay to drive sellers to adopt the auspost premium rate services and then once that job is done you should expect the same treatment with parcel deliveries too and then there wil be a push for signed just like there was a push for tracked, then there will be a push for insured etc etc ad infinitum .. prepare for the worst as all this manipulation will wipe out many smaller sellers and like an infection the money will dry up for the small end of town trapped on ebay .. the big end of town will be smiling as ebay will in turn continue their merciless push to nurture and retool the website to entice their preferred cashed up corporate clients .. at this point gumtree will catch a lot of escapees from ebay which will then become a pay to list pay to sell website and all the rorting begins anew .. "they" have planned well ahead and the Australian public are being herded like cattle into a slaughter yard ..

Message 2 of 37
Latest reply

Yes , my local post office say ebay post parcels have dropped off in the last few months , I am still waiting for a parcel  posted in Melbourne on the 11 Sept ,to Adelaide  now the 18th Sept. still waiting , their tracking is a joke , again ebay pocking its nose in other countries telling us what to do ?  every countryis  different !  its common for outback towns for mail to take time _ thats always been the same ,  but towns, cities over night ?  a lot to do with them contracting delivries out .

Message 3 of 37
Latest reply

What deliveries are AP contracting out?

Message 4 of 37
Latest reply

The delivery time of 1-4 days for a letter from regional QLD to WA is what the Australia Post website is saying. They have dropped the delivery times that they quote on the website by 2 days.

Maybe because they are planning to increase the time by 2 days for the basic service  it looks better (or what it was before).

Message 5 of 37
Latest reply

Talk about slow delivery times from Aust Post.

Have a look at this story.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/parcel-finally-arrives-at-viewbank-tennis-club-40-years-afte...

Message 6 of 37
Latest reply

I'm northern NSW and my letters take a lot longer than that to get to WA. Normally about 7-10 days

If you read the estimate of 1-4 days it also says "Delivered in 1 to 4 business days, dependent on point of origin and destination"

Message 7 of 37
Latest reply

40-years.

Wonder what the tracking showed.

Message 8 of 37
Latest reply

I "lost" a parcel behind a box for about a week one time. I think I atually stuffed the buyers order up and it was a resend. Not sure if they left feedback, I felt so bad about it.

Are we going to get, "funny" Australia Post stories now to somehow change the fact that Austrlia Post are..........

Message 9 of 37
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

I'm northern NSW and my letters take a lot longer than that to get to WA. Normally about 7-10 days

If you read the estimate of 1-4 days it also says "Delivered in 1 to 4 business days, dependent on point of origin and destination"

I didn't quite get that when I saw it. So they are saying (after putting all the postcodes in) that there is no need to put a postcode in, and we will estimate the delivery time to whatever. Or it is within the range of 1-4 is dependent on the postcode.

Message 10 of 37
Latest reply