Australia Post Delivery Times

I sold an item about a week ago (sent as large letter) and the buyer contacted me as it had not arrived saying it should take 3-4 days for delivery, from regional QLD to WA.

I thought that seems strange as last time I looked at the AP website they usually say up to 6 business days for most locations.

So I go through the postage calculator and up the top they state that delivery takes 1-4 days depending on lodgement and delivery location. I had to put in the postcodes to get the price and delivery time.

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

In Adelaide they are contractors , and they don't even have to deliver ?  they can pickwho they want to deliver to  ! ( I just happen to see the deliver ( I was closing a window ) get out of his van and put a card in my box  and only leave a card sending you to another suburb PO to pick up ? this happened to me a year ago , after paying top postage , I got card to pick up not at my PO  around the corner but in another suburb __ boy did i complain rang AP   and sent emails   they told me thing are changing and nothing they could do ,come pick it up !!  I complained to my local PO and they managed to get it deliverd to them and I got it in a Day ?

Message 11 of 37
Latest reply

So you mean the Australia Post parcel contractors are not coming to your door?

You have every right to complain about that but it is the individual contractor, not a blanket rule that they do not deliver.

These contractors have been around for years.....they are not new.

Message 12 of 37
Latest reply

yes thats the way it is  now __ this was a year ago ?

Message 13 of 37
Latest reply

These contractors have been around for years.....they are not new.

These contractors are though ,,

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-05/contractors-raided-in-australia-post-investigation/6673556

Police raid contractors' homes in Australia Post fraud investigation, foreign student scam; three charged

but this news is so last week now .. probably irrelevent to the discussion but who knows .. for all I know the entire auspost operation could be on the verge of becoming a complete and thorough systematic rort and national embarrassment and disgrace .. a basketcase mail service for a basketcase economy that has been "sold down the river" .. its only fitting ..

Message 14 of 37
Latest reply

I think it is a base estimation. Then if you are rural within that postcode then the customer is rural as well then then it could take longer based on deliveries to that area. Some rural areas only get a mail delivery twice a week for example.

Message 15 of 37
Latest reply

If you have nothing against Australia Post why are you including footage from America in your list of the supposed failings of AP employees and contractors?

I hope the people who have this irrefutable proof have taken it to AP....guaranteed it will be acted upon where it involves contractors.

What happens with employees I don't know.....different rules, different union.

And just for the record.....I have had the most fantastic parcel contractor delivering to me for over 10 years. He even leaves me notes if he has safe dropped a parcel that looks a bit the worse for wear.

My postman has been coming for about 8 years and also goes the extra mile.   We receive a number of magazine subscriptions every month and although they fit easily into the letterbox the postie still brings them to the door if there is more than one in that days delivery.

Message 17 of 37
Latest reply

My concern is from Feb 2016 we the seller will receive a defect if the buyer ticks not delivered in the expected time frame!! ebay will give the buyer a date and if their parcel was NOT received by then the buyer can click NO!!!

ebay says they will check the tracking etc... if parcel was posted within the time frame seller says ie: one day etc then ebay says they will check if the carrier delivered it on time... blah blah blah....  can you see ebay doing that??? 

I know I will be keeping a closer eye on deliveries from then, I do now and every now and then Aus Post doesn't even show delivered just stays ïn transit" (limbo) and never changes... thankfully not often BUT when sellers will only be allowed .2% defect rate from Feb 16 this will be carp for us sellers... We will have to jump through hoops with ebay to get the defect removed if Aus Post has not delivered in time...

The whole system of defects is carp and in my opinion not professional. ebay treats the sellers like litte naughty school children, but sir I didn't do it, it was Aus Post ... ebay "Go to the back of the class and sit in the naughty corner"!!"but sir "shush and do as your told"!!!

Again ebay penalising sellers for what is NOT in their control.

Message 18 of 37
Latest reply

I have no complaints when it comes to parcels being delivered to me, my regular driver always takes the time to drop my parcels at my front door which is out of view to passers by!

However when it comes to the parcels I post, that is a whole different story.

sent Melb, Ashwood to Melb Vermont, a suburb 10 mins away, took. 8 days to be delivered

Sent Melb Ashwood to Richmond (Vic, a metro suburb, 30 mins away) 7 days

of the last 25 parcels I have posted, only 1 parcel was delivered within the estimated time frame.

when I lodged complaints with AP they're poor response was, our delivery times are estimates only, I suggest if you want the parcel delivered quickly use Express Post.

So, based on the poor delivery service, I now emai my buyers to advise that delivery times are estimates only and should not be considered to be actual delivery times and to check the date of lodgement on tracking before leaving low DSRs.

Message 19 of 37
Latest reply

If you have nothing against Australia Post why are you including footage from America in your list of the supposed failings of AP employees and contractors?

I have no idea what you are talking about Lyndal ..  footage from America? .. okay whatever you say .. (perhaps the youtube server is in America .. I don't know what you are on about now) ..

there are hundreds of anti AUSPOST videos on youtube lyndal .. that random sampling there is just from a quick browse which I was hoping would give people a giggle but obviously not you it seems .. obviously you have nothing but praise for auspost but it would seem that there are some unhappy confused customers about who are getting very very sub-standard service ,, that little detail seems to elude you .. and whilst we are on the subject of contractors I should point out here that the hoards of unwashed auspost contractors are treated very poorly by auspost with each job tendered out and basically handed to the lowest bidder or family friend etc .. the whole system is about to topple over and implode but am happy for you that you have a friendly smilely contractor .. that is in fact a rarity these days as most are extremely sour (you do know sour don't you lyndal?)  .. .. as I said in previous posts I am really not invested in creating an online trader business .. auspost is one of the reasons I will not be pursuing an income from mail order .. ebay would be the other .. lol ..  I have made well and truly sure to distance and insulate myself from auspost's activities and ebays .. it is the only way forward ..

Message 20 of 37
Latest reply