Australia Post's inconsistency.

cq_tech
Community Member

I live in Brisbane and received an order from WA on Wednesday the 29th of April, posted it via large letter the very same day, and it was delivered on Friday, May 1, just 48 hours later. Why can't AP's service be this quick and reliable all the time?

Only 2 weeks earlier, I sent the very same item to another WA buyer and it took 9 days to arrive, so why the huge difference?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Australia Post's inconsistency.

Regarding inconsistency with inbound WA mail times, I sent out some invites from Melbourne to a birthday party once.  One person in Rockingham got it within 36 hours later and another person in Perth got it almost a week later.  It also took two weeks to get a birthday present to a family member in WA, missing their birthday by almost a week.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

I sent a parcel from Perth on tuesday to go to Sydney and it arrived in Chullora on friday (I know, it's likely to go to FNQ before being delivered a few suburbs away from Chullora........sigh), but 2 weeks isn't unusual from eastern states to here in WA.

They don't call it "Waitawhile" state for nothing.............................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Padi, the 2 lots of stuff I've sent you over the past couple of months both took in excess of a week each time, if I remember correctly. Given the minimal price difference, next time I think I'll use Express Post and score a free satchel if it doesn't turn up the next day (which I very much doubt).
Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

1. Large letter from NSW to VIC -  collected from local PO 5pm, all post goes 2+ hrs north to Sydney to be sorted, buyer receives it  Friday. morn. Good service.

2. Large letter to NSW to ViC- never received at all.. buyer given a refund after waiting a month (they wanted to wait that long). No service, item lost.

I have had two large letters lost in the post this year. None before, ever,  in 10+ years (not a high volume seller).

The items were not valuable, steal worthy... what happens to these 'lost' items?? Return address on envelopes.

I sent a parcel to family recently, in a 3kg satchel, so at least that had tracking. For $1.50 more I got extra cover for $70. I thought that was worth it for the cost.

Sad about people drowning in the recent floods. Some people are caught in 'flash flooding' which appears too quickly to get away from.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

It's getting worse. I live in Vic. When i used to send a letter to my mum (in another part of Vic), it used to take 3days, now its 7 days. Imagine how much worse it will be when they nolonger deliver every day. it will take weeks.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

I sent 2 parcels from Port Macquarie, NSW. One was going to Chullora, NSW and the other to Wetherill Park, NSW. Both posted at 5pm on Thursday. The one to Wetherill Park arrived the following Monday (so pretty much next business day as the parcels wouldn't have been collected until the Friday). The parcel going to Chullora, NSW did not arrive for 9 business days and yet both parcels passed through, wait for it, the Chullora sorting facility! When I queried why it took so long AP said they have 10 days to deliver it No explanation as to why it sat in the sorting centre of Chullora, the same suburb that the parcel was going to!

Australia Post's service is becoming extremely unreliable. The estimates are bs. Sent more parcels last week due to arrive Thurs, only arrived today. What sucks is that despite sending parcels within 1-2 days of receiving payments, I still get asked down for "postage times" which is unfair.

I'd love to see A new company take on Aust Post and provide the service that we expect. They did it with gas, electricity, so hopefully the same will happen with our post system. Not holding my breath though!
Message 16 of 16
Latest reply