Bid on item from outside Australia .When listed as No post tinternational.

bjlcr
Community Member

I have a listing with a bid from Canada.I listed the item as no international postage.I don't want to post outside Australia a it is a fragile item .A telegraphic photo lens.Will I just cancel item .It would cost a lot to send a it is heavy.I thought lisiting as no international post would cancel out it showing up on overseas sites.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Bid on item from outside Australia .When listed as No post tinternational.

I'm not sure if you can edit the description if you cancel the bid, but if you can, in addition to any blocks you should probably remove these two lines from the description, as they would tend to suggest to most people that international postage is available:

"Paypal only for transactions outide Australia"

"Outside Australia Postage is the added to final payment."

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

A friend and I used to get the Chinese bidding on some of our items despite having all the proper blocks in place.  They used to get around it by changing their primary address to an Australian address, usually a forwarding agent in Sydney.  Some of them actually registered in Australia but these were blocked, but the original Chinese ones weren't.  I had in large red letters that I didn't post overseas but they didn't care.  

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

If they changed their postage address to one in Australia then that would be the address you would post to so it would be no different to selling to any other Australian resident.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Thank you for the advice.I will probably end it if no one else bids.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

yep, that sounds like the best thing to me.

You can then relist it later with all the blocks in place properly.

We got caught once, thought domestic postage only, only posts within Australia was clear enough but we ended up with a NZ bidder.

No good comes of these bids that I can see.

You can bet your bottom dollar that even if you relented and decided to post, they would turn out to be unhappy campers.

They would be shocked and angry at the postage rate or else annoyed because their item took a long time to arrive and if the item arrived broken, well, you would lose all your money plus have no item as they would be up for a full refund.

Don't do it to yourself.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

@bjlcr wrote:

And when would that be?   How do you determine that?

A lot of people don't bid until the last seconds of an auction.

End it now,  save yourself some worry,  before it gets too late to end it.

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

@bjlcr wrote:

And when would that be?   How do you determine that?

Probably about the time they marked their own post as the solution Stalks........................true.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

If they changed their postage address to one in Australia then that would be the address you would post to so it would be no different to selling to any other Australian resident.

It's not quite that simple.  If it's sent unregistered there's no proof of sending or that it reached the place that forwards it on, so if it gets lost on the way to China you've lost your money and item.  If it's sent registered, AP required it to have a person's name on it, but all the forwarding places used to just have a code and the address.  I don't know whether that's changed because it's been a while since I've had anything the Chinese wanted.

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

If sending as an unregistered letter it is no different than snding to any address, you risk a not recieved claim. If the item has a big enough profit margin to allow for the extra cople of bucks send as a small ebay satchel for $7.15 and then you are covered to the checkout address. If the profit margin is not high enough then sell domestic only.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 20 of 21
Latest reply