Buyer non payer last item so should I be worried?

Hi,

I sold an item 2 days ago. Buyer hasn’t paid yet. No big deal yet but I was looking at their feedback and they are new on eBay with their last bought item, the seller saying they didn’t pay for item.

should I be concerned? It’s only 2 days but i’m just abit worried now. 

Thankyou 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Buyer non payer last item so should I be worried?

Hello, tasysam74,

Once it's been 4 days and the item has not been paid for, you can "Report an Unpaid Item". After another 4 days, you must manually close the case in the Resolution Centre. (Make sure you select NO under "Have you received payment from the buyer?")

Bookmark the policy: Resolving unpaid items.

To decrease the risk of this happening again, set your buyer requirements to weed out the repeat offenders. Buyers who have a history of unpaid items can be blocked; you can also block buyers based on not having been phone-verified.

(Also - try not to contact the buyer asking for payment. eBay already notify buyers of the need to pay, and if you were to message the buyer as well, it could feel like too much.)

If the buyer pays before you report non-payment, or before you manually close the case with "NO", all well and good. If the buyer doesn't pay, just make that report unless there's some reason for you to be particularly lenient in this case.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

What the countess said.

Congratulations, by the way. You are almost assuredly unique. I doubt we'd find another seller with over 2000 feedback who has never had a non-paying buyer. Or who didn't know how to handle one after 15 years on the boards.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

@tasysam74 wrote:

Hi,

I sold an item 2 days ago. Buyer hasn’t paid yet. No big deal yet but I was looking at their feedback and they are new on eBay with their last bought item, the seller saying they didn’t pay for item.

should I be concerned? It’s only 2 days but i’m just abit worried now. 

Thankyou 

I'd say the odds are pretty good that they aren't going to pay you either.

You don't have to be overly worried though I know it's a bit of a pain.

But if you give them a strike for non payment and if another seller does the same they will find themselves blocked from buying from some sellers. Make sure you're one of them.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

tasysam,

what are you worried about?

They'll either pay or they won't.

Unpaid items are nothing to worry about - just relist when the time comes, after 8-10 days, I think.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Mobile phones are regarded by many people as a " risky ' item to sell on ebay. Non payers are a regular occurance with these and phones are also a common target for fraudsters ( online shop lifters ) who abuse ebays money back gaurantee system. Buyers can claim item not recieved if tracking details are not recorded, or item not as described. Unscrupulous buyers can look for an indentical model and colour to a non working phone they already own, which they then return, claiming the item you sold was not working.

If you can, it is best to keep a photo of the phones serial number and ensure you upload tracking details when mailing the phone. Also be aware of the requiremernts regards mailing phone batteries. ( they may not be able to be sent air mail ). Your post office can help with this.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Haha my 2000 is mainly buying. Only about 50 selling 😃😃😃😃

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Just be sure to report them for non payment and add them to your blocked buyer's list so they can do it to you again

They have not paid before so highly likey they will pull the same stunt again I'm afraid

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@tasysam74 wrote:

Haha my 2000 is mainly buying. Only about 50 selling 😃😃😃😃

I have a lot more buying experience than you but no selling experience at all.  I would not need to come here to ask how to handle a potential non paying bidder.....it gets discussed on the boards regularly if you read here.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@tasysam74, ah - you are still a selling baby,g_chortle.gif with more experience as an eBay buyer than as a seller. g-ebay.gif

(I'm a buyer, not a seller. I've learned much from reading these boards, poking around eBay with curiosity, and trying out for myself what the Seller areas are like (playing around with it, not actually selling).

You cannot do better than read these boards, as Lyndal has said. The combined experience from the regular posters here is worth more than an accredited Sell on eBay course (even if such a thing existed).

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply