Buyers getting away with theft.

I had two purchases from the same person. He created 2 new accounts and purchased 2 high value items, 1 on each account, almost $4k total. He also messaged me through a 3rd account, never replying through the accounts he purchased from. I spoke to Ebay and they said as long as I sent to the correct address with tracking I would be covered.

I sent the items. He then opened item not received cases for both items. I went through the whole process with Ebay and provided all the delivery information, tracking etc. They then decided both cases in my favour. All very stressful given the $ involved. This morning, I received an email from Ebay saying the buyer appealed the decision and it  was granted an they would deduct the funds from me. The case details now show:

Outcome
The case was decided in the buyer's favour.

More info
You agreed to give your buyer a refund but didn't issue it.

I didn't agree to refund the buyer at all.

I cannot begin to understand how Ebay continue to support buyers regardless of circumstances and even when there is clearly dodgy behaviour. 

I spoke to Ebay just now. While the guy I spoke to was pleasant and wanting to help, I have no confidence whatsoever that this will be dealt with properly.

Message 1 of 47
Latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Buyers getting away with theft.

You have just made my point - it ain't worth the paper it is written on.

Message 41 of 47
Latest reply

unless you properly contest.....

Message 42 of 47
Latest reply

The authorised person includes address. When a police officer witnesses a stat dec, the stamp they use includes the police station information, so it’s a simple matter to confirm that the person stated as witness is a real person qualified to witness the stat dec, stationed at the relevant police station , and can confirm the witnessing signature is genuinely theirs.

It’s so simple to get a stat dec witnessed… Why would anyone fake one? It’s not as though the witness is stating that the contents of the stat dec are true.

Message 43 of 47
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

You have just made my point - it ain't worth the paper it is written on.

It is worth the paper,  the majority of people wouldn't dodgy one,  and if the OP wanted to take it further it can be contested in a court of law.  But thats not Ebays responsibility,  they are presented with one, and need to assume it is legal,  which it most likely is a legal document,  the question is was it legitimately signed by the buyer.  But again not Ebay's issue

Message 44 of 47
Latest reply

Not exactly sure what is not being understood here.

By witnessing a stat dec - it is ' assumed ' what is written - is the truth.

Often - it is not.

Take 2  stat decs - yours & mine - both expected to be the truth - which is - which isn't. ??

Both been signed by an authorised person who does not even have a clue of the truth.

Usually those asked to sign off - are simply taking the word of a ' stranger ' - and signing.

Next time you visit your lawyer - ask - ' what do you think of stat decs '. lol

Message 45 of 47
Latest reply

Everything is worth trying to knock this scammer off his perch!

Message 46 of 47
Latest reply

Were the buyer’s parcels sent to a post office or home address? If post office you can ask AP to view their cctv footage which may show the large parcels being collected

Message 47 of 47
Latest reply