EBAY NEW RULES "MANAGED PAYMENTS" Too Complicated?? I'm Out

I just received an email telling me of the new managed payment rules; Tiers with different fees, Direct payments to bank accounts etc.

It's too confusing, so I may still purchase on Ebay; but, I will no longer sell.

Good luck every one, and stay safe.

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: EBAY NEW RULES "MANAGED PAYMENTS" Too Complicated?? I'm Out

No need to announce your departure, good luck wherever you may go

Message 11 of 41
Latest reply

But giving banking details to Paypal was OK?

Funny how a lot of small sellers forget that detail.

Message 12 of 41
Latest reply

Hi

Pay pal will only take funds from my account, ( with my permission), if there is not enough in my pay pal account.

I always have enough in my pay pal account.

The fees are always taken from the sale in real time.

And, if i wish to withdraw my funds it happens with no fuss.

I DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE THEM MY SENSITIVE INFORMATION; PHOTO ID, PASSPORT, etc.

I DO NOT HAVE TO WAIT FOR PAYMENTS THEY HAPPEN IN REAL TIME.

I'm using Pay Pal for all sorts of payments and for sales on alternative sales platforms, i.e. gumtree.

EBay has pushed me to stop selling... that's ok no hard feelings, I'm a small private seller, and I'm doing ok on Gumtree, Facebook Community buy / sell sites. etc.

So to answer your question , " yes it's ok for pay pal to have the bank account details of the debit account I only use for this purpose".

Cheers, and stay safe 🙂

Message 13 of 41
Latest reply

Yes, me too. Why does Ebay need personal I.D. , drivers licence and date of birth? Never needed this info before! And why only payment into bank account, meaning they have even more private information! And it has got so complicated selling on Ebay. Too many details and restrictions.

I'll stick to selling on Facebook marketplace.

Message 14 of 41
Latest reply

@wallybrit wrote:

Yes, me too. Why does Ebay need personal I.D. , drivers licence and date of birth? Never needed this info before! And why only payment into bank account, meaning they have even more private information! And it has got so complicated selling on Ebay. Too many details and restrictions.

I'll stick to selling on Facebook marketplace.

Anti-money laundering laws require them to require ID - don't ask eBay, or other eBay members, why, ask the people who brought in the legislation why.

Those who have never been asked for ID from PayPal may not ever be, but you will find many have been, because they too are subject to Australian anti-money laundering laws, it's just that they don't request it in order to let people have and use an account (last I knew, there was a $10k threshold processed through the account before they would ask).

BTW, I have been asked for more information by PayPal than ebay ever asked for, in addition to actual scans of my photo ID, they have demanded supplier names and invoices from me before, too - for literally no reason that I could fathom. 

The delay to receiving funds is a PITA, I get it, but for most it's not something completely unmanageable. 

Message 15 of 41
Latest reply

Obviously you wear sandals

If MP is too complicated, I would hate to see you working out which sock goes on which foot.

Message 16 of 41
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Obviously you wear sandals

If MP is too complicated, I would hate to see you working out which sock goes on which foot.

Remarks like this are what makes this forum unpleasant, but I guess some just can't resist.

Message 17 of 41
Latest reply

Most of the Sellers I used to buy from are gone. I am no longer selling either. I wonder if anyone is happy with the new system, all I am hearing is one problem after another even after jumping through all the hoops to get set up. Life is too short to deal with all these headaches. I suppose business Sellers have no choice, but for the small fry like me, I would rather just donate my unwanted items to charity.   I don't think eBay will wake up to themselves that this is probably one of the biggest mistakes they have ever made.

Message 18 of 41
Latest reply

Everyone complaining about MP, mostly without trying it and spreading the myth of doom and gloom.

Have not had a single issue with  MP  and  sales are up  55%.  So for all those who say this is the biggest

mistake ebay has ever made, I disagree entirely.

Bad luck if this does not fit with the myth.

Message 19 of 41
Latest reply

Forgot,  that  55% increase in sales, is very much negatively skewed,  when you take into consideration that I virtually stopped all international sales due to covid but sales are still up 55%.  Go figure

Message 20 of 41
Latest reply