Game, who has the most blocked bidders lol

Just for fun. I only have 16, maybe I can better that score lol.

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Game, who has the most blocked bidders lol

How was the buyer able to finally message you?

I've tried to message the seller that's blocking me for the past 3 years to find out why and I am blocked from contacting them.

Message 21 of 36
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I love the window shopper....did she say who was going to pay the return postage once she had finished with the item?Smiley Surprised

I don't believe she mentioned it. No doubt she would've expected me to.

Message 22 of 36
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

I've tried to message the seller that's blocking me for the past 3 years to find out why and I am blocked from contacting them.

I haven't ticked the "stop blocked bidders from contacting me" box. I'd rather read their messages (if they send any), so I know what they're up to. I never reply to them, though.

Message 23 of 36
Latest reply

Your story sent shivers down my spine.

I don't know how that person had the energy to persist with trying to buy.

If a seller told me I was blocked, I would just look elsewhere. I suppose it depends on whether there are many others out there who have similar stock, but all the same, I would not feel comfortable bidding where it was not wanted. Obviously your customer was someone on a mission & determined to beat you. Lucky you have your wits about you.

Someone else  (crow I think) asked if we are on any blocked lists. I don't know. I might be as I went to pick up something last year & it wasn't as described at all so I didn't go ahead. The person selling it (who wasn't the person who showed it to me at pick up) opened an unpaid item case. I had the strike removed after contacting ebay. But I guess the seller may have put me on their list. Don't care if they have as they were an occasional seller only anyway so it's unlikely I'd come across their stuff again.

Message 24 of 36
Latest reply

It's been so long since I have blocked anyone I have forgotten how.
could someone please remind me.
thanks
Message 25 of 36
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

Lucky you have your wits about you.

No one would say that if they'd seen me at the time Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL

I can talk about it (relatively) calmly now, it's well in the past and all that, but I was a mixture of a great many things when the orders kept coming in from different IDs, TBH - some of the details of the situation I'm not willing to share, but this is a good visual representation of my initial mindset. 

what do I do!? what do I do!?

It took about 24 hours for me to calm enough to feel angry, lol, which is what helped me to start working through my options, and it affected me for a good long while  - as embarassing as it is to admit, I had the buyer's Facebook profile bookmarked until I bought a new computer, and for a few months after I put the products back up for sale, when they sold I would check her friendlist for the buyer name before I would post them out. Smiley Embarassed Smiley Sad

Message 26 of 36
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

If a buyer has purchased an item from a seller, they can continue to communicate with tnat seller for an extended period of time, even if they have been blocked after the purchase.

There is also a way around the communication block even if the id has not made any purchases, but in the interests of not encouraging people to breach ebays blocked bidder policy, I wont describe it here.

Message 27 of 36
Latest reply

12 blocked buyers on smallest account which has 2280 sales, 37 on BBL of largest account which has 9438 sales and 26 blocked buyers on the middle sized account with 3301 sales. The reason the last account runs at a higher % than the others is that this account sells a variety of items including collectibles which attract more problem buyers than the other two accounts. So basically running at around 0.3 - 0.7 % of sales. It is worth mentioning that most of these where blocked before actually making a purchase. 

I don't have any posters from the forums blocked, ( although I,m sure I would be on plenty of other forum watchers BBL's.....Smiley Very Happy )   and only block buyers who give the impression of being plain crazy or just stupid. Many on the BBL would be buyers who make insultingly low offers, ( I don't have the patience to deal with idiots like that ) or ask several questions, the answer of which is clearly shown in the listing if they just bothered to read it.

Several are "buyers " who obviously come from another planet, sending me pages of typed text on their theories on gun control and the lunar landing ( true I have had a couple of these..... ) and of course there is the occasional buyer who just turned very nasty and had to be reported to ebay.

Message 28 of 36
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@springyzone wrote:

Lucky you have your wits about you.

No one would say that if they'd seen me at the time Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL

I can talk about it (relatively) calmly now, it's well in the past and all that, but I was a mixture of a great many things when the orders kept coming in from different IDs, TBH - some of the details of the situation I'm not willing to share, but this is a good visual representation of my initial mindset. 

what do I do!? what do I do!?

It took about 24 hours for me to calm enough to feel angry, lol, which is what helped me to start working through my options, and it affected me for a good long while  - as embarassing as it is to admit, I had the buyer's Facebook profile bookmarked until I bought a new computer, and for a few months after I put the products back up for sale, when they sold I would check her friendlist for the buyer name before I would post them out. Smiley Embarassed Smiley Sad

Smiley Happy It would have affected me the same, I think. Maybe even more so.  I probably would have marked the buyer's profile on my new computer too (if I knew how to do it, which I am not sure I do, but it would have been worth the learning curve.Smiley Wink).

All I can conclude is some people have more money than sense. The bottom line is that ebay is just a buying & selling forum & anyone with any sense buys things because they want or need them, not to get some sort of 'revenge' on a person they have never met.

Chameleon's conspiracy theorists sound positively benevolent in comparison. Still on the weird side, mind you.Smiley Frustrated

Message 29 of 36
Latest reply

There used to be a poster on the boards who proclaimed loud and long that she had all the boardies blocked from buying from any of her accounts and especially from the selling account that she used for posting.

I was looking for a book and found that she had it at a good price so, taking no chances,  I changed to my other account and bought the book.   After it arrived safely I tried to buy something with this account and sure enough it was blocked.

I must admit she is no loss to the boards as far as I am concerned.

Message 30 of 36
Latest reply