Gee thanks eBay 20-10-2014 Promotion for Stores

Just received an email Promotional Offer - thought pity I don't sell items worth over $100 - but take note of *

IT'S TIME TO SAVE WHEN YOU SELL

List an item over $100 or more and save 15% off your final value fees.

Take Up Offer ►

*Other fees may apply. See full T&Cs.

When?

• The Promotion runs from 20 October 2014 to 24 October 2014 AEST ("Promotion Period").

What is the Promotion?

• 15% off the final value fee for:

◦Items listed and sold for $100 or more, where

◦Items listed during the Promotion Period in Fixed Price or Auction format on eBay.com.au.  *

Who is eligible for this Promotion?

• Only store members are eligible

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/2079

This place really does my head in  :-  I thought that specification * may explain why I noticed on my invoice today, that last month I received several FVF discounts on items that sold for less than $100 but were Fixed Price, as I had taken up the offer and used it (I thought) for one custom made order listing.

So I figured, perhaps all this time I have been mis-interpreting the conditions (and I think, so have a lot of other small value item sellers), so I try to accept the Offer - click the Link in the email they sent me - uh uh, NO, I do not qualify !?!

Unfortunately, this promotional offer isn't available to you.

Maybe I should go away and come back later - because nothing much seems to be working here at the moment  Smiley Frustrated

Good luck to those who are able to take advantage of it !

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Gee thanks eBay 20-10-2014 Promotion for Stores

Not working for me either despite the fact that I received an email specifically inviting me.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Useless for me, I don't have 1 item over $100
Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Yeah, I just did live chat with CS, they said has already been escalated so maybe keep trying

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Totally useless for us.

Even if you bought 10x of our items we would struggle to make $100.

So we just trashed that invite.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Same for me.
I got the offer emailed directly, but it says I am not eligible.
Go figure
Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

I contacted C&S and they said there was a 'site problem' which they are fixing.
I told them I was ready to list, but the offer wasn't working.
I will try again later.
Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Wow, suprise suprise, they've done it again then - stoofed up  Smiley Surprised

I totally get what everyone's saying, I don't have anything anywhere near $100 listed either, but have been very lucky on the two occasions where I have been working on big custom orders this offer just happened to be available at the right time - so those occasions taught me to always take up the offers because you just never know what's around the corner Smiley Happy

Plus, the other point I was trying to make, I think because I had in fact accepted the offer, I somehow managed to get the discount off FVF's for items under $100 that I listed during that period as well - again - go figure . . . .  obviously 15% off 9.?% fvf's on low value items doesn't amount to much,  a few cents, but as they say never look a gift horse in the mouth !  (What a crazy saying !) and better in our pockets than theirs Smiley Wink

So, worth accepting regardless I reckon, just on the off chance

I wonder will they extend it to make up for lost time with it not working ?  And pigs might fly !!

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

Wow, suprise suprise, they've done it again then - stoofed up  Smiley Surprised

Plus, the other point I was trying to make, I think because I had in fact accepted the offer, I somehow managed to get the discount off FVF's for items under $100 that I listed during that period as well - again - go figure . . . .  obviously 15% off 9.?% fvf's on low value items doesn't amount to much,  a few cents, but as they say never look a gift horse in the mouth !  (What a crazy saying !) and better in our pockets than theirs Smiley Wink

So, worth accepting regardless I reckon, just on the off chance

I wonder will they extend it to make up for lost time with it not working ?  And pigs might fly !!

Same here. When I checked the last invoice we had FVF discounts on items that were less than $20 but they may have been listed during the offer in September when there was no min value to be eligible.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply