Give them a hand ! Any new fees you can think of ??? More fees please

Ebay must be running out of options as to what to charge us next ?and I just can't wait for the next invoice to see what jovial fees I am to be slugged with ,so I propose (as a bit of fun) a thread where you can add what you think we are going to get charged next, which is in 'our best interests because our customers expect it' !!.It is only fair that we should make suggestions, as we, the sellers are the ones that are going to have to pay !!! It does not matter how ridiculous your suggestion is (I've seen a few come our way lately, actually implemented,  from another planet !), just so long as someone at HQ doesn't  submit it, to the next round of increases.

Firstly, a fee to release your money from Pay-pal before the 21 days 'lock-down' has expired.Maybe a sliding scale structure for time left and $ amount involved.This could be thought of a 'bonus interest paid' on money they are already investing for 3 weeks at your expense.

A new ebay buyers  only  member fee !!, no such thing as a free cut lunch anymore, and besides,  maybe some of those time wasting, scamming buyers, won't get past the ebay  front door to wreck havoc on your feedback ! let alone waste your valuable time !

There is already a defect (demerit) point system in place, so why not go the whole hog and add fines for points incurred.Depending on how the defect came about, appropriate punishment by way of fine,  (extra fee on bottom of your monthly invoice), the more sillier the  current reason the more $$ to pay.

As I mentioned this thread is a bit of fun,  surely with all the doom and gloom of late we are allowed some mirth !

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Give them a hand ! Any new fees you can think of ??? More fees please

I'm expecting an administration fee for the luxury of them holding my money.......

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Sellers have to pay a penalty of $20 to open a non paying dispute. Sellers have to pay a $30 fee for a cancellation. EBay needs to stop losing those fees by having to pay us back!

Buyers automatically win a SNAD and INR dispute no questions asked. It's to enhance the buyer experience.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

A fee to sellers to accept the 40 free listing per month

A fee to sellers if they don't accept the 40 free listings per month

A fee for marking your items as sent + a fee for adding the article ID number

A fee to sellers for receiving feedback (positive)

double the fee to sellers for receiving neutral/negative feedback (as this enhances the buyer experience the most)

A fee to sellers for thinking E-Bay is a "level playing field"

The list can go on and on ............

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

I think increased FVF if you dont offer 'free' post is definatley going to happen at some point.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

That will kill it.

Can't understand why ebay is so damn intent on Free post.
Free post isn't "free" if the price is increased accordingly and
people who live closer don't get the benefits of lower postage.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

They were talking about introducing a bid system for best match rankings.... eg Seller A "bids" $1 for a boost on the keyword iPhone, seller B bids $2.00 - seller B wins and gets placement above seller A, both get charged their respective bids whenever their item is returned in a search.

Cos, you know....the sellers who provide the best customer service experience are the ones who have the most money. 😉

I actually half-expected a defect removal fee, and am consistently surprised that they haven't introduced a higher store-sub or insertion fee for there to be no ads on a seller's listing. 

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

How they would like a free post when that sticky fingers take 10% of postage cost.We have to charge 10% extra for the cost

of shipment.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

so thats likme google adwords - which is the biggest rip off known to mankind

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

I don't think you have to worry about giving eBay new fee ideas.  

If anyone from eBay did bother to read these boards they woud know exactly what the majority of sellers think of eBay, and would do somethiing to 'enhance the SELLER experience' - you know those people, eBay's CUSTOMERS, the one's that keep eBay afloat.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply