Have the weekend $1 FVF deals finished ?

I usually receive the $1 offer for weekends but nothing this weekend ... did anyone else receive one or have they finished that ?
Won’t be using eBay anymore if they have stopped it !!!
Message 1 of 203
Latest reply
202 REPLIES 202

Re: Have the weekend $1 FVF deals finished ?

Your okay because you have auctions.
Its when it straight out buy it now, that we are stuffed.
Tried auctions didn't work for me.
Message 41 of 203
Latest reply

I would prefer BIN but don't like that they go to the end of the pile at 30days. I get all my bids on the weekends and stuff is sold by Sunday night. Monday can be hectic but its usually all paid for and sorted then. That all came about with the $1 weekend listings! I so hope they come back next weekend
Message 42 of 203
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I've just had enquiries about 2 of my listings that I am unable to relist this weekend. Well done eBay, that's 2 buyers I am unable to help, 2 sales I won't be making, and 2 lots of fees you won't be receiving!

It's the first of the month. You have 40 free listings available as of this morning. If I had enquiries that I believed would result in sales, I know what I'd be doing. And it wouldn't involve cutting off my nose to spite my face.

the thread is about final value fees, if you relist today sure you can use your 40 free listings but any that sell will be slugged the final value fee.

that can be a large lump of money depending on value of the item.

Message 43 of 203
Latest reply

Yep, that sounds right. After all this promo has only been running for many months, so a sudden technical issue is likely.

You are doubtless aware that claims of a technical problem by a low-paid call centre operator is code for "I'll tell you what I believe will get you off the phone/chat line".

I recall back in February when we were told that initial GTC conversions wouldn't attract listing fees. They did. Then they said that the first GTC rollovers wouldn't attract fees. They did.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am not feeling very confident that they will give the freebie weekends again. Too many people have been told different things, and I think you are right about them saying whatever they like to get me off the chat line.

I only hope the auto free relists are staying. At least with those I could run 120 in each account.

I keep thinking about the saying "if it ain't broke why fix it?"

Message 44 of 203
Latest reply

No. This thread is about the mega weekend deals not being available. Which is far more free listing beneficial than $1.10 FVFs

In ramcycle's case, a sale would still be better than no sale. As they have agreed.

Message 45 of 203
Latest reply

Your okay because you have auctions.
Its when it straight out buy it now, that we are stuffed.
Tried auctions didn't work for me.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Why don't you list auctions with a buy it now price as well. That works well. You get the 8 auto relists as well so each one goes for 90 days. When they finally end they just go into your unsold section. You can then relist them when you have free listings.

just remember that unsolds will be deleted from your unsold section by ebay after 60 days.

Message 46 of 203
Latest reply

90 days.

And not everything is conducive to auctions.

Message 47 of 203
Latest reply

Especially when the BIN price has to be 30% more than the auction start price!

It's only 60 days if they don't use selling manager or seller hub.
Message 48 of 203
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

I've just had enquiries about 2 of my listings that I am unable to relist this weekend. Well done eBay, that's 2 buyers I am unable to help, 2 sales I won't be making, and 2 lots of fees you won't be receiving!

It's the first of the month. You have 40 free listings available as of this morning. If I had enquiries that I believed would result in sales, I know what I'd be doing. And it wouldn't involve cutting off my nose to spite my face.

the thread is about final value fees, if you relist today sure you can use your 40 free listings but any that sell will be slugged the final value fee.

that can be a large lump of money depending on value of the item.

I've just sold one of my listings that I did relist today after a buyer enquiry. eBay have slugged me a FVF of $4.22 as opposed to the $1.10 I was counting on with the weekend deal. That is a big difference in just one transaction, very disheartening.

Message 49 of 203
Latest reply

When the GTC thing came in, I said that if/when the $1 weekend thing finished, I'd send everything back to auction with a BIN option (I currently have both). I have had quite a few sales from people hitting BIN on an auction item, even though it's ridiculously inflated, often way more than the 30%..

I also said that I would add a note at the top of all my descriptions, that I would be happy to end any auction early if someone wished to treat it as a BIN, and not wait for an auction to end. That way I could take advantage of the auto relists (until of course, eBay remove that option from auctions too!), but buyers don't have to wait. Most of my auctions sell for one bid (occasionally I'll get a few but it doesn't happen that often).

I know a lot people don't read descriptions, but a lot do, so some at least will see my message about ending auctions early, which might encourage them to "BIN". 

I know a lot of categories don't do well at auction. Media type items, like books and DVD's being 2. My category is an each way bet. Some like to bid, others like to BIN. At this stage I'm not interested in opening a store, but I'll see how the next 6 months go and revisit that thought later.

For those that are in a category where auctions could work, maybe consider adding a message to your description that you'd be happy to end an auction early if the buyer doesn't want to wait for an auction to end. You've got nothing to lose by trying. Plus you get 8 auto relists to give it a good try out.

Message 50 of 203
Latest reply