Have the weekend $1 FVF deals finished ?

I usually receive the $1 offer for weekends but nothing this weekend ... did anyone else receive one or have they finished that ?
Won’t be using eBay anymore if they have stopped it !!!
Message 1 of 203
Latest reply
202 REPLIES 202

@ramcycle2010 wrote:

I've just sold one of my listings that I did relist today after a buyer enquiry. eBay have slugged me a FVF of $4.22 as opposed to the $1.10 I was counting on with the weekend deal. That is a big difference in just one transaction, very disheartening.

If you've paid $4.22 FVF on a $17.95 item with free postage, then I'd be getting onto eBay quick smart. You've been ripped off big time!

Message 51 of 203
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@ramcycle2010 wrote:

I've just sold one of my listings that I did relist today after a buyer enquiry. eBay have slugged me a FVF of $4.22 as opposed to the $1.10 I was counting on with the weekend deal. That is a big difference in just one transaction, very disheartening.

If you've paid $4.22 FVF on a $17.95 item with free postage, then I'd be getting onto eBay quick smart. You've been ripped off big time!

Thank you, I should have pointed out that it was a $17.95 item plus $20.80 for international postage that I paid a $4.22 FVF on. When I can count on paying only $1.10 in FVF for an international sale, then I don't have to worry about the FVF on the international postage portion. But now I'll have to start charging more for the items and postage to allow for eBay's 10.9% FVF. 

Message 52 of 203
Latest reply

Yes for the first time in many months I didnt recieve any weekend $1 offers. Most of all of my listings are BIN these days. If Im following along correctly a few people have mentioned listing auction format with auto relisting up to 8 times without it being added to your free 40 per month listings after you have initially listed it? I dont see any check box for free auto relists like there used to be in my listings when making the listing or revising an existing auction. If unsold it just goes into the unsold. Am I missing something here?

I find it hard to keep up with ebays constant changes. Lets hope for the $1 listings to be back next week!

Message 53 of 203
Latest reply

ekd1807
Community Member

Message 54 of 203
Latest reply

I don't have the free auto relist box either. I was told it disappears once you sell over a certain amount, they wouldn't say what amount though.
Message 55 of 203
Latest reply

Let us know about the cheap other sites

Ebay is doing their best to get rid of their small sellers

Message 56 of 203
Latest reply

I'll be taking a break from listing this weekend.... and I'll just wait and see what happens next

Message 57 of 203
Latest reply

I don't get the auto relist box on auction either.

I have near 200 listings that I will now have to cut down to 40.  I cannot justify paying inserting fees every month for lowish dollar items that some might take three months to sell.  I guess I will just keep my core 40 items and see what happens in the future.  I can't justify a store either and I do like to do an occassional auction which I can't do on a store. I don't want multiple accounts as it's hard enough managing one these days.  Will also look into other marketplaces

I don't think eBay understand or fully think through some of their policy changes.  The change to GTC has mean't we all need to keep watching our listings all the time, time that is wasted when we could be concentrating that time on listing more items.  My suggestion to eBay is that if a seller has no free listings left and a GTC is ending then the seller should have a choice of whether the listing auto-relists or just ends (Could be a setting iin the sellers account).  That way when we activate "Do not list if I have no free listings left" setting, items will just end and I can list them later.  I don't have to check every other day if listings are ending and keep calculating how many listings I have left, etc.

Message 58 of 203
Latest reply

It's actually quite nice to have the weekend off. 

Message 59 of 203
Latest reply

@merfar2107 wrote:

It's actually quite nice to have the weekend off. 

Woman LOL  I think so too....reading here saved me a whole lot of work this weekend

Message 60 of 203
Latest reply