Have the weekend $1 FVF deals finished ?

I usually receive the $1 offer for weekends but nothing this weekend ... did anyone else receive one or have they finished that ?
Won’t be using eBay anymore if they have stopped it !!!
Message 1 of 203
Latest reply
202 REPLIES 202

Re: Have the weekend $1 FVF deals finished ?

raron2
Community Member

I will have to stop selling on ebay too if they pull this deal

I am too small of a seller to pay all their fees otherwise

Message 191 of 203
Latest reply

@raron2 wrote:

It looks like you are averaging more than one sale per day ( 105 sales for 90 days ) and selling perhaps $500 - $600 per month from just over 400 listings. Surely it would be worth paying the $24.95 per month fee for a basic store which gives you access to 600 free listings ? You could list a few more things and only have to sell one extra $25 jumper per month to pay for it. 

It would have to better than sacrificing the $500 - $600 per month income just because ebay want you to pay a small contribution for the services you are using.

Message 192 of 203
Latest reply

@raron2 wrote:

What did you do last year before the weekend promo started? What would you have done if you were one of those that didn't get the promo, of which there were plenty. I'm guessing the answer will be "I listed items and sold them...........but, but, but, but........"

Most of your items are under $20, so the extra fees you'll have to pay is less than $1. If you were selling $100+ items, then yes, that would be a huge jump in fees, but less than $1 is nothing. Most of my items are under $20 so like you, my fees won't increase that much at all. 

Sorting your listings by lowest price to highest, the first page of 200 are all under $15. Instead of paying $1.10 in fees, you'll pay $1.65 or less.

If you aren't already doing so, I would suggest leaving your postage cost as is, and using eBay postage labels with eBay satchels. That way you're only paying $7.55 for a 500g satchel. The remaining $1.15 will more than cover the few cents in extra fees you'll have to pay.

See, things don't look so grim after all, do they?

Message 193 of 203
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@ramcycle2010 wrote:
Yes, that is what I thought a mirena was too. And I agree, it is a strange term to include as part of your user name, but each to their own!

I agree

Spoiler
21429340-06A5-4FD3-8B32-6C2D5625CB6E.jpeg

i park my boat in a merina

Message 194 of 203
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@ramcycle2010 wrote:
Yes, that is what I thought a mirena was too. And I agree, it is a strange term to include as part of your user name, but each to their own!

I agree

Spoiler

Sorry to be a nit picking sheep farmer, but no self respecting merina sic. breeder would keep a sheep with black face and legs. Thats a suffolk !!!

I think what the countess is really reffering to is this

Spoiler
Rare Collectable 1972 Leyland Marina Super Deluxe Coupe With Books Suit Datsun in Burwood, NSW Photo

Spoiler
The Famous Leyland Merina
Message 195 of 203
Latest reply

Here's the 3 wheeled legged variety Chamo................

top-gear.jpg

I have to say I do prefer this one though..................a bit more stable and eye-wateringly delicious

a-brand-new-morgan-3.jpg

I'd get one if they weren't so darned expensive..............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 196 of 203
Latest reply

Stupid Reliant Robin's. How could anyone think they were a good idea? It always cracked me up on TV shows, watching them flip over going around corners. 

Message 197 of 203
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@ramcycle2010 wrote:

I agree

Spoiler

Sorry to be a nit picking sheep farmer, but no self respecting merina sic. breeder would keep a sheep with black face and legs. Thats a suffolk !!!

Spoiler
shhhhhh! each to their own, it's a ram-cycle

Message 198 of 203
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. Remember off-topic posts might be removed. Let's go back to the original post, please. Thanks.
Message 199 of 203
Latest reply

It did meander a little...

Anyway, we can summarise to say that

• yes, for now, the weekend $1 FVF deals have finished;
  • there's no guarantee whatsoever that they'll be offered again in the future;
  • there never was any such guarantee;
  • there may well be similar promotions or deals in the future but they cannot be relied upon;
  • some small sellers will probably find that opening a basic store gives them almost as good a total outcome, but it depends upon the individual's details, sell-through rate, etc.;
  • some small sellers may find that a few accounts may suit their needs;
  • some small sellers may need to take a look at pruning the sorts of things they sell to maximise their profits;
  • all is not lost.

Message 200 of 203
Latest reply