How is this even possible?

A buyer purchased a PC. Newbie with only 1 feedback. Over the course of the first 24 hours we received many messages from him asking about various things, upgrades etc. Often 3 or 4 messages in the space of 10 minutes or so, asking why we were ignoring him. Anyway, I sent out the item, a PC worth $957. After a couple of days he messaged saying he contacted Australia Post and he wasn't happy with the delivery timeframe and wanted a refund (he lives on Norfolk Island). He also started a return. I said that once we received the return I would refund. I then received a message from Ebay saying the buyer has asked them to step in an help. This morning I received a message saying they'd decided in the buyers favour and issued a full refund.

So, I am now without the item and the money. I lost the FVF and Ad fee, and now have a strike for case closed without seller resolution. The buyer also left neg feedback. 
I have been on chat with Ebay this morning and as I'm sure many will be familiar, it is like talking to a brick wall.

Any suggestions on anything that can be done here?
I really feel like I might be done with Ebay after this.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: How is this even possible?

I have been in touch with Australia Post today to try and get the parcel redirected back to me. The guy I spoke to took the information and said someone would be in touch within the next 2 days. To be honest, I didn't get a a lot of confidence from that call and that anything would happen. I also asked at the post office but was told that there was not much they could do. I'm going to call again tomorrow and see if there's anything I can ensure the item is delivered back to me.

I took the advice given by ramcycle2010 and actually called Ebay rather than messaging. You were right, the guy I spoke to on the phone was unbelievably more helpful and sympathetic to my situation. He said he was putting the feedback removal through to an appeal team. However, I'm not overly confident it will be removed.

Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

@shoaltech wrote:

I have been in touch with Australia Post today to try and get the parcel redirected back to me. The guy I spoke to took the information and said someone would be in touch within the next 2 days. To be honest, I didn't get a a lot of confidence from that call and that anything would happen. I also asked at the post office but was told that there was not much they could do. I'm going to call again tomorrow and see if there's anything I can ensure the item is delivered back to me.

I took the advice given by ramcycle2010 and actually called Ebay rather than messaging. You were right, the guy I spoke to on the phone was unbelievably more helpful and sympathetic to my situation. He said he was putting the feedback removal through to an appeal team. However, I'm not overly confident it will be removed.

Hav you jumped on the Australia Post website and via the tracking,  tried to redirect to an alternate address,  this is an option, and if that alternate happens to be yours, all good.   

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

I use the contact us in MyPost business to get parcels redirected. They will usually send an email to the destination parcel centre to have it changed, just don't leave it too long as they cant change once on board for delivery.

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

I have checked and unfortunately there is no option for a redirection. I also had a look at MyPost business but nothing available there either. The label was purchased and printed through Ebay so I guess that's why. 
As I expected, as of this morning there has been nothing done with regard to the appeal or the feedback. I guess I will just keep contacting them. Although I don't want to overdo it as they may just get annoyed and decide everything against me. FWIW, I haven't had a single sale since the neg feedback. I know a lot of people here feel that negs don't matter that much, however with high value items like I sell, I really feel people do have a good look at feedback before purchasing. It's all so disheartening.

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

I use the contact phone number with Mypost as I get an agent that can apply the redirect. You most likely can go through any Aust Post phone number to get to the department you need.

I would not worry about negatives as there is thousands of posts regarding issues with sellers from buyers that when others point out the sellers feedback they did not see all those negatives as an issue. As a buyer I am less interested in the negative and more interested in the sellers response.

Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

I do agree with you that most don't look at feedback. However I do think that for expensive items like I sell, that they do. Before the neg, I was getting regular sales, at least one per day. Since the neg I have not had a single sale. I have also been getting no inquiries from potential buyers which is extremely unusual.

Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

The negative feedback has nothing to do with eBay - it is in regard to offsite purchasing by transfer - careful.

What you possibly should have done - is made a special listing for the ' upgrades '.

You can however - perhaps - add a response to the negative feedback - explaining it had nothing to do with the actual item.

Carefully worded.

Has the item actually been delivered to Norfolk YET.

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

Well the Neg is gone, thats a step in the right direction.

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

I have seen many a seller continually sell higher priced items with a number of negative feedbacks. Maybe it might be more of an issue in computers but I would hope your business can't be taken down for such a small issue as one negative.  

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

Have you actually asked the buyer if he is going to return the computer when he receives it?

If he says no unless he receives a refund for the upgrades done via bank transfer  

I would state yes to the refund once the computer is received back to  you, and state you will pay for the return postage.

If he says no to returning the computer I would be inclined to take it to the police stating fraud. Or I have heard the island is a nice place to visit lol

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply