How to improve eBay.au for sellers

I wanted to start a thread where members could suggest things that would improve the selling experience for sellers.  I want this to be a constructive thread and not one that disintegrates into posters having a go at eachother or denigrating suggestions.

We have all seen the multitude of "negs for buyers" threads and I don't want this thread to get into a to-and-fro between those that are for and against negs for buyers and same old arguments repeated all over again.

Most of the suggestions that get posted have probably been posted before, but probably not on a single thread.  If really good proactive suggestions are made then next time eBay send any of us a survey asking "How can we improve?" then we can list the best ideas that are posted here.

I'll kick it off with the next two posts as I would like each post to contain a single concise suggestion without having to be explained too much. After all . . . . . if it has to be explained in detail then it isn't really a simple idea for improving eBay selling.

Readers can give Kudos to those suggestions that they agree with.

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: How to improve eBay.au for sellers

@i-once-was-bump wrote:

DG stated in one of her posts "and it can only be because buying all items they are interested in and making one payment is not intuitive for buyers" and I would like to say in response to that, it is the ebay app that has people making 10 payments for 10 items.

I know that the app is a significant contributing factor to this issue, but I also know that unfortunately, it is not the only one.

In the past, I have used to the cart to make one PayPal payment to a seller for a few items, each one had a low postage cost so I really was quite happy to just pay without worrying about any combined (reduced) postage. However, my receipt showed that I sent multiple payments even though I only went through checkout once - this is on  a PC, and I can't be 100% sure if it's an eBay issue or PayPal issue, but I suspect the former. 

Buyers in the US and UK often do not even have 'add to cart' showing on the listing page when looking at an item from an Australian seller, and even though the seller has not implemented 'immediate payment required', it is somehow in place on those listings so that ebay are in fact forcing overseas buyers to pay individually for each item they may buy from an Australian seller (thus also incurring individual PayPal flagfall fees, and full P&H for each item, so it also maximises eBay's FVF).

I would personally like to see the purchase and payment process made much more inuitive where multiple items from the same seller are concerned. Currently, a buyer who uses 'Buy It Now' instead of add to cart is immediately taken to a page requesting that they pay now. Many do know they can continue shopping and get a combined invoice afterwards...sadly, many also do not. 

So, I think significant improvements for both buyers and sellers could be made in this area, both with the standard website and the app(s). 

Message 121 of 152
Latest reply

eBay should either not charge the FVF on international postage OR cap the FVF on international postage at a nominal figure of say $2

Message 122 of 152
Latest reply

The postage included is exactly what it should say!!

Smiley Happy

Message 123 of 152
Latest reply

I would very much like an update from eBay on the roll out of the DEFECTIVE defect system Cat Happy

Including what the hecks going on with fixing the glitches

Message 124 of 152
Latest reply

Dont know if its mentioned but it would be beneficial to be assigned a dedicated personal or case manager by eBay that acts as the go between from seller to eBay. Any correspondance, querrys or concerns get handled by this one person. It would go a long way inreestablishing trust between seller and corporate and may replace a lot of the synicalism most sellers have. Could even be a chance of getting some straight answers for the first time. Our assigned case managers could often be subjected to a more up close and personal unfolding of events and how challenging and testing situations unravelled and would be more compelled to make calls based on a situation rather than a 1 sock fits all policy. eBay would have an open forum to better guide, converse and direct us in our common objectives and ebays final goal or master plan. Case managers could be assigned to clusters or groups of sellers defined by volume/turn over. Implemented change in operation such as August 20th would be seamless with a universal transition and a lot less uncertainty. Over all greater productivity and experience to eBay, buyers and sellers.

Message 125 of 152
Latest reply

As a seller I have to mark sent how about buyers have to mark they recieved, as i am over feedback form buyers would only like to know so i can put that one to bed.
Message 126 of 152
Latest reply

As promised some time ago now by eBay, I would like to be able to view the transaction numbers on all my IDs where I have received defects for low DSRs

It is unfair that other sellers have access to this information in their reports, and I do not. 

If I cannot review this information which may give me information that may improve my selling practices, you have placed me in the position of being at a competitive disadvantage.

Message 127 of 152
Latest reply

eBay,S BIG SUNDAYS,S PROMO 

a couple of weeks back eBay paypal offered 15% off any purchases in toys & hobby section and i had a great day in sales.

i would love it for eBay to have more of these big Sundays in different sections where the little sellers get a chance to have a big day of sales.

as most of these big sundays promos are directed at big brand stores like super cheap and the like.

give the smaller sellers crack at some sucess. not look after the big name store all the time. after all its small sellers like myself that helped make ebay the success it has been.  

Message 128 of 152
Latest reply

Agreed, absolutely!! 

Message 129 of 152
Latest reply

in the mean time, use this method until its in order.

http://k2b-bulk.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EditSalesRecord&transid=xxxxxxxx&itemid=yyyyyyyyy

Copy and paste this link and exchange the transid & itemid for the ones in the report and then you can point the finger!

Message 130 of 152
Latest reply