I just got a item not received want a refund after 1 month sent email to buyer

Seasons Greetings I just got a item not received want a refund request from buyer

emailed what date item was posted and tracking number but still have resolution centre

at the top of my ebay page does anyone know how long they have to close this process

as I have proof the item was delivered??????

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: I just got a item not received want a refund after 1 month sent email to buyer

Thats good to hear that they are still honouring the labels this long after their changes.

I might see if one of my Post offices will still, I still have a box handy, and I rarely use them for large letter post. 

Message 21 of 27
Latest reply

Re: I just got a item not received want a refund after 1 month sent email to buyer

My post office Sid you CANNOT register parcels, but what they offer is Signature on Delivery for $2.95. They said you can only use the red/orange Registered labels for letters.
Message 22 of 27
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

@4green2000 wrote:

@vintage2201 wrote:

Seasons Greetings I just got a item not received want a refund request from buyer

emailed what date item was posted and tracking number but still have resolution centre

at the top of my ebay page does anyone know how long they have to close this process

as I have proof the item was delivered??????

My postie gave my registered parcel to someone down the street that i dont even know and they signed for it.

Parcel was in my name which the people who signed for it knew and the postie??well,he cant read or didnt care who got it..Tracking stated "delivered" and this is when i got AU post to investigate.

Long story short,yes i eventally got my parcel "opened", and made complaints against this fool of a postie...

Yes these things can happen and proof of delivery is NOT proof it was delivered to the right person.

This is my opinion anyway..

Must have been awhile ago as you haven't been able to register parcels for ages....since they brought in tracking for everything.

I'm often having mail delivered to an address with a similar street name (both start with Mc, but that's where the similarity ends). I often get his mail too. We now have an agreement with each other that we'll deliver any mail we get for each other as it's become a common thing......a bit too common really.

Was 4 weeks ago.The seller had one of those stick on pre paid registered mail stickers on it.

I have a box of 50 of these myself.Each sticker has a number plus a number for the sender to peel off and keep.

Message 23 of 27
Latest reply

I never disputed that you couldn't send international parcels registered, I never even mentioned international parcels, what I want to know is, where is the reference on the AP website stating that you can send domestic parcels registered (NOT SOD)? My local PO, who seem to know how things work and seem to know their job because that's what they do for a living, expressly said parcels can no longer be registered......as in using the old red labels. The red labels are for letters.

Message 24 of 27
Latest reply

As it was not clear if the registered post being discussed related to an international purchase or not I thought it was worth mentioning.

From others posts it appears that some POs are still honoring the registered labels for some customers who purchased them prior to the changes - this is not unusual for Aust Post to do. 

In fact Aust Post do it all the time, I have prepaid express satchels from years ago that look nothing like they do now, yet I have no problem lodging them.  Aust Post have also done the same regarding the use of eBay satchels with click and send and had a grace period of use in place.   Just because it is not on Aust Post website does not mean it is not the case.

Message 25 of 27
Latest reply

I was told that you can always use any paid for services such as registration labels or the old style, pre tracking satchels. I was just discussing it at the PO the other day as I had found a pack of 3kg old red satchels and wanted to know if I could still use them.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 26 of 27
Latest reply

Makes sense to me - there are no expiry dates on pre-paid product purchases.

I don't know how they would recognise if registered labels were purchased before or after changes - has there been a printing change to the labels so they can tell ?

I will now test out with a few post offices if I can use my old stock up on parcels.  Fingers crossed.

Message 27 of 27
Latest reply