I just got a item not received want a refund after 1 month sent email to buyer

Seasons Greetings I just got a item not received want a refund request from buyer

emailed what date item was posted and tracking number but still have resolution centre

at the top of my ebay page does anyone know how long they have to close this process

as I have proof the item was delivered??????

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

@4green2000 wrote:

@vintage2201 wrote:

Seasons Greetings I just got a item not received want a refund request from buyer

emailed what date item was posted and tracking number but still have resolution centre

at the top of my ebay page does anyone know how long they have to close this process

as I have proof the item was delivered??????

My postie gave my registered parcel to someone down the street that i dont even know and they signed for it.

Parcel was in my name which the people who signed for it knew and the postie??well,he cant read or didnt care who got it..Tracking stated "delivered" and this is when i got AU post to investigate.

Long story short,yes i eventally got my parcel "opened", and made complaints against this fool of a postie...

Yes these things can happen and proof of delivery is NOT proof it was delivered to the right person.

This is my opinion anyway..

Must have been awhile ago as you haven't been able to register parcels for ages....since they brought in tracking for everything.

I'm often having mail delivered to an address with a similar street name (both start with Mc, but that's where the similarity ends). I often get his mail too. We now have an agreement with each other that we'll deliver any mail we get for each other as it's become a common thing......a bit too common really.

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

I thought that it may have been del to wrong address but this item was delivered to the work place on the other side of the city

typed in huge capital letters and underlined so it was del the next day and why wait until 3 weeks not even emailling me that is was not delivered

sound a bit sus to me

Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

You can still register Parcels and get the red sticker and number just not Free and unlike Year's ago could be paid with extra  Postage stamps on the Parcel.

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

you can still register items as i still have a box of stickers and still useing them

i also last week had a express post  parcel  to delivered wrong address lucky they took it to the post office and i got it the next day

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

You can still register letters, but you can't register parcels. Not according to my local PO and also the AP website anyway. Maybe you know something AP and my local PO doesn't?

If you have a link somewhere or some info on registering parcels, I'd like to know because sometimes I think it would be handy to use in some instances.

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

Yes you can register and insure parcels you just have to ask at the P.O. I have done it several times when buyers have asked for it.

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

They just call it 'signature on delivery' when it's for a parcel now, and I s'pose they changed the terminology because it's not technically registered - i.e. adding SOD to a parcel doesn't give you a stamped lodgement form showing adressee details by default like it does when you lodge a registered letter. 

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

You can still register letters, but you can't register parcels. Not according to my local PO and also the AP website anyway. Maybe you know something AP and my local PO doesn't?

If you have a link somewhere or some info on registering parcels, I'd like to know because sometimes I think it would be handy to use in some instances.

Some people call the process of sending with SOD and/or Extra Cover, "registering" parcels.

They go to the post office and request to register a parcel and the PO staff process it as SOD, seen it happen.

Ain't that hard to grasp is it ???

You can also use registered post for international parcels BTW.

Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/registered-post-international.html

New Picture.jpg

Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

i sent a 3 kg satchel a few weeks ago and asked my po if i could register it as i still have labels and she said yes  put it over the satchel tracking label and i added extra cover as it was for $300.00 first $100 covered by the registered label plus $3.00 for other $200.00

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply