I think Ive made a huge mistake

Im a new ebay business and I am trying to figure out posatge for my items that are all different sizes and shapes, Aus post is what I have been using mostly but for only slightly bigger items I was getting tired of forking out rediculoius costs. 

I decided to take a look at Fastway prices for a bigger item which will aprently be delivered in NSW from Brisbane in just 2-3 days. 

I was happy with the price which was very fair and that it would be to my customer well before Christmas, so I printed the label out and thought nothing more of it.

However becuase Im such a NEWB and in my eagerness to get a better deal I didnt do any background study into the Fastway and now Im reading on the descussion boards pages of bad reveiws which are worrying the hell out of me. I went back on to their site to see if I can reverse the label charge and cancel the label but Im having a hard time finding out how. I dont know what to do, for the sake of about $5.00 Im now stressed that not only will my parcel not arrive on time but it may not turn up at all. I dont want a bad rep on my ebay account so early in to my business. Im not sure what Im asking for here from you good folk, I guess i just needed to say somthing, maybe some of you have used fast way and had a good experiance. Im freaking out a little bit.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: I think Ive made a huge mistake

Firstly, breath deeply! The parcel may still get there on time!

Secondly, the buyer will certainly let you know if the parcel doesn't turn up. Come back to the boards of what to do next if this does happen.

Thirdly, please stop stressing. This has happened to a lot of us and we worked through itso everyone was happy.

Cheers, Sandra

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

Hi,  I have bought several things on eBay, one just last week and they were delivered by Fastaway Couriers.  All items have been from the East Coast to Perth and they have all arrived safely and on time.  Yes, when I found out that Fastaway was delivering, I had a quiet chuckle to myself thinking this will be good but, no problems.  Maybe I am just lucky or maybe some others are just plain unlucky, take it as it comes, nothing is worth stressing over.  

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

Fastway are normally quite efficient up and down the east coast of Australia between the main cities. Most of their slow delivery problems relate to parcels in other areas of Australia.

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

Thanks so much guys. Wow what a great bunch of people!
I was actually considering wearing the cost of the fastway label and reprinting a standard Aus post one. I too have had items come to me before due date and on time via fast way. But when I read the reviews from buyers and sellers I freaked out. It doesn't say on my listing that I use fast way so do you think its a good idea if I message my customer and let them know?
Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

It may be worth sending your buyer a message letting them know your parcel has been sent fastway and including the tracking number.

Its always worth remembering that people come to the forums, seeking assistance with problems. This means that what is posted here tends to focus on peoples negative exeriences giving a bit of a slanted view of the ebay world.

We never put up a post saying I had thirty great sales this week and Australia post delivered them all on time and buyers where all happy, leaving glowing feedback. It might be boring but this is what happens 98 % of the time. Its when we strike the 2 % that we come to the boards seeking advice and reassurance

Your parcels will probably all get delivered without a hitch, and if not the sun will still come up tommorow. Good luck with your ebay selling.......Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

So have you actually sent the item yet?

It seems not. In which case most of the advice is premature. Try sending it before you worry about late delivery. Fastway are likely to be a lot quicker than Australia Post at this time of year.

Also remember that reviews are more likely from disgruntled users than gruntled ones.

You've had personal, good, experience with them, why do you assume they are bad because others say they are? Even though you know different. Did you leave a review about your GOOD service?

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

Thanks guys your so right about the reasons people jump on the forums good call. Thanks again all of you.
Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

From a buyer's point of view you should let your buyer know that you are using a courier.   Many of us hate courier delivery for many reasons and will avoid a seller who uses them.

I bought some items from a seller last week and on Friday received an email that the items are on the way with a courier.   I am a little more than annoyed as I know I am going to have to arrange redelivery.

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

Honestly as a buyer I haven't even once bothered to look at the delivery method. Sometimes the delivery date but never the method. I will keep that in mind thanks.
Message 10 of 30
Latest reply