Just a heads up. AMENDMENTS TO THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT USER AGREEMENT

Item highlighted in red will affect me the most...

AMENDMENTS TO THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT USER AGREEMENT-

We are updating the PayPal User Agreement, and the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement (CFSGPDS). These changes will go into effect on May 6, 2019. If you agree to these changes, you don’t have to do anything. If you don’t agree with these changes, you may close your account. If you close your account before May 6, 2019, the changes will not apply to you.

Amendments to the PayPal User Agreement and the CFSGPDS

• We’re removing the flat rate pricing for sending money to friends and family members who have PayPal accounts in a country other than the Australia and introducing a new variable fee of 5% based on the amount you send with a minimum of 0.99 AUD and a maximum of 5.99 AUD per transaction. We’re also removing any variation depending on the recipient’s country. 
  • We’re changing how we treat refunds. If you refund (partially or fully) a transaction to a buyer or a donation to a donor, there are no fees to make the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller will not be returned to you.

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: Just a heads up. AMENDMENTS TO THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT USER AGREEMENT

its a joke, the amount of money we will soon be paying in fees and charges will eliminate most of the small guys and leave ebay as a wholesalers sale site, I see that ebay upped the FVF's for automotive parts the other week, I wouldnt mind betting they are testing the water and will introduce it across the board in the coming months

Message 2 of 48
Latest reply

Yes, it is getting harder for sellers.

I haven't had a return for ages where I needed to refund the customer, but it will hit me and I'm sure other sellers who refund excess postage to customers who pay for mutliple purchases, without asking for an invoice with combined postage. 

I guess they will be refunded the excess minus the paypal fees a well.

Cheers 

Message 3 of 48
Latest reply

@prettypaperprints wrote:
  •  
  • We’re changing how we treat refunds. If you refund (partially or fully) a transaction to a buyer or a donation to a donor, there are no fees to make the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller will not be returned to you.

Ahh, ffff....iddlesitcks. Smiley Indifferent

In the grand scheme of things my costs shouldn't increase too much, but it kinda sucks a bit more now that eBay don't allow restocking fees for COM returns. 

Message 4 of 48
Latest reply

The answer is to sell items which allow enough profit margin to cope with a few nasty little suprises. While no-one likes creeping increases in fees, if margins are that slim that the paypal fees on the occasional return or combined post refund are going to damage the business, then it might be time to rethink the business model. Maybe consider changing product lines to something more profitable.

Message 5 of 48
Latest reply

So basically you can just ruin someone by purposely by accident sending them money then immediately claiming it back. Or just buy up all their ebay stuff then cancel the lot.
Message 6 of 48
Latest reply

great- will be ending using ebay on this date-thanks so much for the heads up-at least on facebook there are no fees and no silly paypal, however i have noticed pushy turkeys on gumtree using paypal to scam people out of their items and money

Message 7 of 48
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@prettypaperprints wrote:
  •  

Ahh, ffff....iddlesitcks. Smiley Indifferent

In the grand scheme of things my costs shouldn't increase too much, but it kinda sucks a bit more now that eBay don't allow restocking fees for COM returns. 

Where is the info about no longer allowing restocking fees?

Message 8 of 48
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

The answer is to sell items which allow enough profit margin to cope with a few nasty little suprises. While no-one likes creeping increases in fees, if margins are that slim that the paypal fees on the occasional return or combined post refund are going to damage the business, then it might be time to rethink the business model. Maybe consider changing product lines to something more profitable.

I recently changed to capped postage and it saves me having to refund overpaid postage, which saves me time, ebay fees on refunded postage for every item after the first one, and now paypal fees on the refund amount.  I wish I'd done it ages ago!

I use letter post and it may not work for people with larger items but I did my sums first and was surprised how much better off I am.  I had to put my prices up by 25c to cover it but as I'd recently reduced my prices it didn't hurt to put them back up a little bit.  It also helps that buyers are forced to use the cart, which eliminates separate payments on multiple items.

Message 9 of 48
Latest reply

@bigbrickshop wrote:

Where is the info about no longer allowing restocking fees?

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/SU18-1/Simplifying-Returns

"You will no longer be able to apply restocking fees for returned items. However, when you offer free returns we will allow you to issue a partial refund, if an item is returned in a condition other than the one in which you sent it."

It happened last year, around the same time they removed the free text field to add return policy terms. I "love" the bit about eBay 'allowing' sellers to issue a partial refund for items returned in a condition other than what it was sent, but only if the seller offers free COM returns. Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 48
Latest reply