cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Listing Format ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป

Why oh why does eBay change something and not for the better!

the new listing format is so muddled and time consuming.

number of font size choices changed to 3 - when I try to update and relist a listing where I used the previous larger font than whatโ€™s now available, it throws everything into chaos.  
 Eg.

I highlight text to edit it - then have to click on the tab to get the formatting - this then unselects everything so I have to highlight it again. I select the font I want, and what is displayed is not what I selected. So I repeat the process and this time it works. Then when I finish and select preview, the fonts displayed have all changed!

The limited font colours available are awful - all dark colours, no option for lighter colours an no highlight option anymore. I use a black background on a lot of my listings because I like the white text on black. If I copy text in white from say a word document, it adds it to the listing in a font colour that can barely be seen so yet again waistline time having to re-highlight and change everything again.

Then thereโ€™s the postage options - OMG soooooooo flipping many to scroll through. Even if I set up my own postage I can never find them in the drop down menu.

When you have a few hundred listings to redo, this becomes so tiresome and time consuming.

Just letting off steam here, but do others find this new listing format woeful?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: New Listing Format ๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿป

the few I've done I have a better result using "sell similar".    When I tried to do a completely new listing I have the same trouble as you.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Iโ€™m using the โ€œSell Similarโ€ option but still have all these issues ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Do you have any templates saved? They are now found under Listings / Inventory (right at the top)/ Listing templates (near the bottom). I was able to use "Custom Template" setting for the Description which preserved the font, colours etc which I had been using forever. When you have a listing that works use List Similar. Works for me - hope it works for you.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I copy from an existing listing with the formats I want. Admittedly, I don't use 24+ font size. I mainly use this method for getting my preferred colours. For 2 lines.

If you want all-singing, all-dancing descriptions that will clutter up your message, I can't help further.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Unhelpful, as usual.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Is there anyway to return to the old Classic Selling format, this latest version is worse than the last change which also sucked.

When will ebay stop tinkering. I have hundreds of listings to add and this new format is putting me right off continuing in ebay.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Have been using the new template for 2 months and there have been no improvements by Ebay. Why will they not listen to their users !!!!!! This template has been designed by an amateur programmer. It is so bad.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

and now they have changed the view order details which was a one step cut and paste of an address to a delete this back space that....Useless company to deal with making things ten times  harder for sellers to time manage!

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply