Postage Delays

I think with postage delays as they are Ebay should at least announce buyers to be patient waiting for items..Buyers go by the Auspost times which we all know can be outrages at the best of times ..standard 2-6 days..Ive had customers getting their items 5 to 10 days late..Some buyers are oblivious to whats going on around them ATM and I'm tired of recieving emails saying why hasn't my items arrived only after 1 day over due the Aus post recommended delivery times which is no fault of mine but it always seems the case the seller cops the blame

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Postage Delays

Extend your handling time by 2-5 days.

Most tracking windows warn receivers that there are delays due to Covid-19.

Also a warning when leaving feedback DSR's.

image host
Message 2 of 43
Latest reply

ATM my handling time is 2 days..A majority is posted next day or even same day..Its geting that bad now i was actually thinking of putting a disclaimer on my listings bareing no responsibily for Aus post delivery times.Plus i also have an option for registered post which is a mere $4.20 ..and i bare the balance of costs but most never take this option..which as always with free post leaves the seller wide open for those dishonest buyers claiming items never arrived which i encounter at least once a month...And Ebays stance is ...well if you cant prove you posted it tough cookies..

Message 3 of 43
Latest reply

I would make your handling time 6 days. And if you send next day that gives you an extra 5 days further to eBay's estimates.

Buyers very rarely look for handling time as you need to search for it in a listing.

image host
Message 4 of 43
Latest reply

Does anyone know if they are being more lenient on restrictions to surges in cases? Just curious because a lot of the time its just the buyer asking where it is.
Message 5 of 43
Latest reply

can't do 6 it goes from 0,1,2,3,4,5,10

Message 6 of 43
Latest reply

Usually after 2 -4 days late the buyers always insinuate that you didnt sent it and start jumping up and down for a refund rather than wait few more days..then comes the extortion threats of Neg feedback.....Yeah right im going to jeapodize a perfect selling record by not sending yours you Mor&$%^..Buyer Mentality

Message 8 of 43
Latest reply

Cheers, do you think will be increased longer hopefully?
Message 10 of 43
Latest reply