Postage

Most sellers need to be mindful of buyers position re using Australia Post.....
You are the 2 seller for the same item that won't send by Aust Post and yet in the
section of your selling spot you have mentioned parcels will be posted....
I am an older person with health issues and we don't have couriers deliver to our house, also
we live 2 hours away from the nearest courier station....It would cost you less than $10.00 to post it,
yet it would cost us $50.00 for us to go into the city to pick it up...Besides I am in hospital for a number of
weeks.
I will not put positive feedback to anyone who don't fully understand their buyers situation...Also I will be putting a complaint into EBay....because this is so hard for in particular elderly buyers on a pension and can't afford that sort of expense on petrol to pick up a parcel 2 hours away.

This has been an ongoing issue ... for me and my husband for several years now and has happened several times this year

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Postage

You have wasted your time posting your issue on a public forum.

You need to contact the individual seller and it is best to do so before buying to verify shipping method.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Postage

purveyor_of_tat
Community Member

Sellers should use the method of posting as stated in their listing. It is all contained under eBay's policies:

"Sellers must post items within the handling time stated in their listing, using the delivery service the buyer selected at checkout"

If they do not, you can leave appropriate feedback. You have to be careful how you word your comment - "the seller did not use the advertised delivery method" should stick.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Postage

It's not up to seller's to know individual buyers circumstances. In fact, I really don't care. You want the item, you buy it and pay for it. I will post it. Not my problem if you have health issues. 

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Postage

Usually, if you click on "Postage and Payments", if the seller uses Australia Post it will say something like "Australia Post standard parcel", or something similar. If Australia Post is not mentioned, the seller usually uses another postal service. If this is the case, you can contact the seller before buying, explain your situation, and see if they are willing to use Australia Post. If not, maybe you can find another seller who uses Australia Post, if it is not a rare item.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Postage

Did that and no good reply....couldn't find a spot to complain to EBay that suited the problem so used public forum

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Postage

Tried all that and no good....

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Postage

My point is they stated using Australia Post ...But they didn't...They then wanted house address...But not supplied because couriers don't deliver to that area. So sellers do have a responsibility when message sent 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Postage

It was mentioned "Australia Post standard parcel, or something similar

As mentioned in my post mentioned...etc so I needed help...

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Postage

That seller you gave negative feedback to is based in China. Many sellers registered in China say that the item location is Australia because they have partners here, but the items often come from China. I checked a couple of random items from that seller and they don't mention Australia Post.

Can you give us your item number?

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply