SELLERS - Heads Up Categories Stuffed Up Temporary

Hi Guys,

Spending time over in US and boards are alight with problems in various categories, info listings missing - this is hopefully a temporary hassle while eBay are attempting to streamline:

This advice from eburtonlab (US)

Do not erase or modify your saved listings just yet. I suspect it will take a few days to determine which problems are caused by the new categories, and which problems are just temporary glitches while the new categories are being implemented.

At some point all the old listings should be available again, and if you modify all your listings right now, your modifications may wind up being unnecessary or obsolete when the dust finally settles in a few days.

Message 1 of 98
Latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: SELLERS - Heads Up Categories Stuffed Up Temporary

@ramcycle2010 wrote:

Asking because I'm not sure, does C&P stand for Community Post?

And where can I find the actual eBay notice that you mention?

Cheers,

Copy and Paste - I will try to find a generic eBay response on the US boards and post here later coz there are a lot to get through. Remember it is for a LOT of categories, not just books.

Trading Cards, Toys, Books, Magazines, Adult Caategory and not sure how many others are affected.

Message 51 of 98
Latest reply

Copy and Paste, seems so obvious now ... thank you.

Message 52 of 98
Latest reply

My humble aplogies to ella @ eBay - replace SPRING with AUTUMN

Capture.JPG

Trading Cards, Toys, Books, Magazines, Adult Caategory and not sure how many others are affected.

Message 53 of 98
Latest reply

You may relist items that do not contain sexual content, profanity or other adult material

How do they think they are going to police THAT? Buy a copy of everything listed and go through each one looking for a sex scene or a f---- in the text?

Message 54 of 98
Latest reply

I know, all he!! is breaking loose about that one...........

Message 55 of 98
Latest reply

I haven't read through this but is it suppossedly a work around for book listings:

Sellers typically offer the titles, say Pick the quantity of books you rwant and message me with the titles and hope that they're still available. If the seller has 1 only of a particular title and 2 buyers buy it at the same time, one of those buyers is going to be mad and the seller can end up with a defect.

There is a workaround which I learned today texting with an eBay rep who walked me through the process.

1 pick a title but not an obvious BOOK title. Even 'thing' will do. and start the listing

2. eBay will default to some category like who knows? In my case today is was men's shoes. Complete with the item specifics for mens shoes. Ignore that

3. Select ADD VARIATIONS none of the variations it offers you will be any use whatsoever. That's OK, select CREATE VARIATION

4. If TITLE is one of your variations, whatever you do, don't create that name! You won't be able to launch your listing. But you can make up something else, like VOLUME or NAME etc. Add variations as you please

5. Remember not to enter any quantity of zero (e.g. say you have 5 titles and multiple copies of each, some hardcover, some softcover. if you don't have any of title 4 in softcover don't put the quantity as zero - just delete that particular variation)

6. When you've entered all your variations, quantities and prices and finish, you'll go back to the main form. Enter the right listing title you want. Choose the right category in books. Add your other item specifics like publisher etc.

7. Launch the listing

It would be nice if you could just create a book listings with variations from scratch, but for some reason you can't. But this workaround it not horrendous. Just kind of head shaking.

Thanks to the agent REA, who worked on this with me and got the listing successfully launched.

Message 56 of 98
Latest reply

ella@seller_update wrote:

Hi katistrophik,

Thank you for reaching out to us about the recent changes in the Books categories. We understand the changes might affect the way you used to sell books. eBay is moving to a product-based category structure that will support a better experience for both buyers and sellers. In addition, we are implementing new item specifics to help find your listings. Meanwhile, we will continue to look into improving the search experience further. I do hope this helps to resolve your concern. As the category changes roll out, there will be some fluctuation in the item specifics and left-hand navigation filters. This should settle down in the next 24 hours. We apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime. Thank you again for taking the time to share this valuable feedback, and for choosing eBay!

Kind Regards,

Ella

Kind regards, Ella

ella@seller_update wrote:

Hi katistrophik,

Thank you for reaching out to us about the recent changes in the Books categories. We understand the changes might affect the way you used to sell books. eBay is moving to a product-based category structure that will support a better experience for both buyers and sellers. In addition, we are implementing new item specifics to help find your listings. Meanwhile, we will continue to look into improving the search experience further. I do hope this helps to resolve your concern. As the category changes roll out, there will be some fluctuation in the item specifics and left-hand navigation filters. This should settle down in the next 24 hours. We apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime. Thank you again for taking the time to share this valuable feedback, and for choosing eBay!

Kind Regards,

Ella

Kind regards, Ella

Hello ella@seller_update greetings from the United Kingdom.

Can you tell me if you are an ebay employee?

Thank you so much.

Message 57 of 98
Latest reply

So I haven't been coming on this board as often since the layout change as I find it hard to navigate and now I find out I have 7340 listings that require item specific updates. Which I would normally do with a CSV file via file exchange but guess what, uploading files hasn't been working for me since the new 'reports' tab appeared which is supposed to replace file exchange soon. Soo...I am supposed to manually edit all 7000 odd listings?! With info that is already in the title header. Really.

Message 58 of 98
Latest reply

I have no problem listing books from scratch.

The rest doesn't even make sense.

Message 59 of 98
Latest reply

Cheers Madison - I think she is, but still no reply to my question, will try Tyler and Brian when they wake up LOL

Message 60 of 98
Latest reply