SELLERS - Heads Up Categories Stuffed Up Temporary

Hi Guys,

Spending time over in US and boards are alight with problems in various categories, info listings missing - this is hopefully a temporary hassle while eBay are attempting to streamline:

This advice from eburtonlab (US)

Do not erase or modify your saved listings just yet. I suspect it will take a few days to determine which problems are caused by the new categories, and which problems are just temporary glitches while the new categories are being implemented.

At some point all the old listings should be available again, and if you modify all your listings right now, your modifications may wind up being unnecessary or obsolete when the dust finally settles in a few days.

Message 1 of 98
Latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

The majority of listings affected for me were in the toy category, with just a couple of book listings. I've gone ahead and dealt with just the "Required soon" Item specifics, and will deal with the "Add recommended" Item specifics when I have time. For my book listings, the only specific I had to add was the Book Title, all other specifics had been carried over correctly.

I've done this on the assumption that the 24 hour period specified by ella has passed, and that things have now settled down with all listings in their correct new categories.

Message 41 of 98
Latest reply

Some of my non fiction books are now in DVDs....what the hell?

Message 42 of 98
Latest reply

Omg

Message 43 of 98
Latest reply

I'm in Australia too.

Please update back here when you call Ebay - I'm up tp 1600 needing updating & counting.

It looks to me as if they are changing over to new categories/heading/topics etc.. & our info will not be transferred over.  When you put in authors, titles etc.. it says above them that this is info which will be required in the future.  Leading me to believe that this is the new format & we will all have to comply.

That's just my take on it - hope I'm wrong.

Message 44 of 98
Latest reply

@ramcycle2010 wrote:

The majority of listings affected for me were in the toy category, with just a couple of book listings. I've gone ahead and dealt with just the "Required soon" Item specifics, and will deal with the "Add recommended" Item specifics when I have time. For my book listings, the only specific I had to add was the Book Title, all other specifics had been carried over correctly.

I've done this on the assumption that the 24 hour period specified by ella has passed, and that things have now settled down with all listings in their correct new categories.

???

We had this conversation already.

Ella does not work for ebay - she's a troll

Message 45 of 98
Latest reply

Don't know what's going on tbh, so I just did what I thought best.

Message 46 of 98
Latest reply

Trading Cards, Toys, Books, Magazines, Adult Caategory and not sure how many others are affected. Reported Ella as 'misrepresenting eBay employee' but post is still there, so the mod's are as reliable as ever.

In the actual eBay notice (which is exactly as C&P by ella) - there was a link, but to the US boards, which is why it would have been left out by our little friend.

Agreed ella is a troll - but the C&P is factual and as I posted is affecting a lot of various items not just books.

Message 47 of 98
Latest reply

NEW RULES BOOKS + MUSIC

New rule for books:

You may relist items that do not contain sexual content, profanity or other adult material in the Books or Music categories

Message 48 of 98
Latest reply

Asking because I'm not sure, does C&P stand for Community Post?

And where can I find the actual eBay notice that you mention?

Cheers,

Message 49 of 98
Latest reply

The whole thing is a mess. A complete and utter mess!

Message 50 of 98
Latest reply