Selling 500Gb PS4 (Jet Black) Original Box + HDMI (Brand New) Is this Fraud/Deception?

ra7250
Community Member
I am selling a 500Gb PS4 (Jet Black) Original Box + HDMI (Brand New) people are buying them for $200 I said it does not include the PS4,ect is that called Fraud,Deception? Ect I have clearly stated that they are the Original Boxes and comes with a brand new HDMI.

Link to the items : http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/50-Off-First-Buyer-500Gb-PS4-Jet-Black-Original-Box-HDMI-Brand-New-in-the-B...
Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Selling 500Gb PS4 (Jet Black) Original Box + HDMI (Brand New) Is this Fraud/Deception?

ra7250
Community Member

Message 2 of 66
Latest reply

You are selling an empty box. And a brand new HDMI cable. 

Your listing in my opinion is extremely misleading. Are you banking on most people just looking at the photo & not reading the listing?

I notice you have intentionally left a lot of blank lines & then added at the bottom of your listing (PS4 Not Included)

Good luck when the SNAD claim rolls in..

The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits.
Message 3 of 66
Latest reply

It's very close to fraud/deception, and the bit below could get you kicked off eBay for attempting to sell off eBay/avoiding fees.

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 66
Latest reply

That's massively more description than the other items they are doing buyers a favour by letting them have.

Withdrawn by seller, it seems.

Especially the mis-spelt microphone that needs a simple repair. I ask - why doesn't the OP fix it themselves if it is such a simple repair? Do that and spell the mike by the manufacturer's name and who knows what you would get.

Message 5 of 66
Latest reply

And relisted.

image host
Message 6 of 66
Latest reply

The box has been relisted instead of revised

Message 7 of 66
Latest reply

I can see you have relisted. If you don't want your listing pulled again.

Put EMPTY BOX in the title.

Your listing title is key word spamming by having a HDMI brand new in same listing as the main item for sale.  This is a policy violation.

Why have you listed under gaming consoles ?  it is not a gaming console - it is an empty box.

Edited to add:  you can not charge an extra cost for insurance, it must be included in the post option. 

If you add to the $100 insurance charge you have in your listing to your post option you will be charging an excessive postage and insurance cost - which is a policy violation too.

Message 8 of 66
Latest reply

Completed listings make interesting reading Stalks...........................

Also, be aware that if you run foul of eBay they're likely to not just close your account down, but any and all associated accounts.

Far better not to try and scam people IMHO.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 66
Latest reply

Not to mention that they claim an empty box to be brand new - 'unopened, unused'.

One has to wonder why the Op came here. Were they seeking validation? Had they had potential buyers intimate the listing was fraudulent?

Given the response, I'll go A and B. And also lay reasonable money they will not be 'selling' for long.

Message 10 of 66
Latest reply