Selling 500Gb PS4 (Jet Black) Original Box + HDMI (Brand New) Is this Fraud/Deception?

ra7250
Community Member
I am selling a 500Gb PS4 (Jet Black) Original Box + HDMI (Brand New) people are buying them for $200 I said it does not include the PS4,ect is that called Fraud,Deception? Ect I have clearly stated that they are the Original Boxes and comes with a brand new HDMI.

Link to the items : http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/50-Off-First-Buyer-500Gb-PS4-Jet-Black-Original-Box-HDMI-Brand-New-in-the-B...
Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Selling 500Gb PS4 (Jet Black) Original Box + HDMI (Brand New) Is this Fraud/Deception?

@ra7250 wrote:
I am selling a 500Gb PS4 (Jet Black) Original Box + HDMI (Brand New) people are buying them for $200 

But why, though... Smiley Frustrated

I had a quick squiz through completed (sold) listings on eBay and didn't see any sales of empty PS4 boxes for $200, so I'd be interested to know A) why an empty box could garner that kind of price, and B) where they have been sold for that price.

Message 11 of 66
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

The box has been relisted instead of revised

And removed by eBay. I guess that's what happens to scammers. Too bad, so sad. I can see their selling career being cut really short. Go eBay for removing a scam listing so quickly!

Message 12 of 66
Latest reply

Am I right in thinking these are just boxes that sold?

It's the OP,  BTW

Message 13 of 66
Latest reply

Going on track record .... I think it was just the boxes Cat Mad

Message 14 of 66
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

It's the OP,  BTW

OMG Smiley Surprised

How can someone even need to ask if that kind of thing is fraud / deception?

Same MO (boxes + HDMI), but then to include statements like these items are worth $1800 and save $600+

I literally can't even. 

I will never be the same

Message 15 of 66
Latest reply

Digi, there's nothing like outing yourself on the (public) boards then watching the mountain fall on top of you.

Out and out scammer, wonder how they lie straight in bed at night ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 16 of 66
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

It's the OP,  BTW

This is one time I hope the PayPal 21 day money hold bites a seller in the butt... especially for the pile of empty apple boxes the OP sold yesterday for $825...

The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits.
Message 17 of 66
Latest reply

Lizzy - that was the listing I was looking at.

Digi - ta for that. 

OMG Smiley Surprised

How can someone even need to ask if that kind of thing is fraud / deception?

I didn't ask if it was fraud/ deception.

Just if they were empty boxes

Message 18 of 66
Latest reply

I asked the OP, on the listing, how an empty box can be 'unopened, brand new'. Got told they have edited the description.

Now it's a 1c Auction, $1k BIN, used, worn box. $43 postage from VIC to ACT.

Fraud? Yes

Poorly disguised? Yes

Message 19 of 66
Latest reply

I'm gobsmacked! Definitely funny that someone is dumb enough to out themselves and their fraud on a public forum and not expect any ramifications. This "seller" (I use that term loosely) needs to be reported and stopped. What they are doing is not funny. The winner of the apple boxes only has 3 feedback so when they receive a box of boxes with $53 postage, they probably won't know they can claim SNAD and get their money back.

Message 20 of 66
Latest reply