Selling account restricted permanently

Hi all,

My selling privileges were restricted yesterday because of the new ebay ratings. My DSR was very good but i had several cancelled transactions because of an item that i ran out of stock.

I know that i should not have something listed that i did not have avaialble however this was only for a short period (7 days). Most of the buyers were happy to wait for this dvd but there were some that wanted it cancelled and refunded. Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

I have never used the ebay inventory manager tool as i have my own system that i pay a subscription for to manage my stock levels and ordering.

I contacted Ebay customer service yesterday and was advised from their call centre in the Phillipines that this decision was final and irreversable. I argued that i was a loyal ebay customer for 10 plus years. Had paid all my fees (approx $500.00 per month) on time without delay, had feedback of >99% and my DSR's were of a high standard. I also mentioned that my rating changed on 20/08/14 and that i had 20 days to try and fix this before my account was suspended. Their response to this was "we understand but the decision is final". I then asked to be transferred to comeone who was based in Australia and who had the authority to do something about this. The response was that they support the Australian opertations and there was no one else i could contact.

I have sent an email via Ebay last night in the hope that it would get escalated somewhere but the call centre i spoke with.

Has anyone else been in this position and if so who did you contact and what was the outome?

Help and assistance needed please?

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

Message 1 of 330
Latest reply
329 REPLIES 329

Re: Selling account restricted permanently

How does that old saying go, sheep...?

Is it "a fool and her money are soon parted" ?
Message 301 of 330
Latest reply

Yep! That's exactly how it goes..........

Spoiler
Straight over the head ๐Ÿ˜„
Message 302 of 330
Latest reply

You are such an eBay hater that I'm surprised you stuck it out for nearly 12 months. Won't be sad to see you go shortly as your so negative and I cannot understand anything you say anyway.
Do have anything to offer ANYONE on the board except hate hate hate. Your not very inspirational. Completely the opposite.
Message 303 of 330
Latest reply

Given that she supposedly is making all this money elsewhere, I'm not sure why she continues to come here. I'd say one of the reasons is to give more sellers revenge negative feedback from her new account. Trash everyone's ratings before eBay gets around to NARUing her (and her newly created account to get around an account suspension).

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Message 304 of 330
Latest reply

I'm think it's safe to say that almost everybody has those IDs added to their BBLs by now (some a bit late, unfortunately).
Message 305 of 330
Latest reply

I have added them to mine and i can't even sell... Silly joke!

Message 306 of 330
Latest reply

John, we're all still hoping that eBay will eventually come to their senses and overturn their ridiculous decision. It took them 3 weeks to do so, but they finally removed the malicious negative feedback that our rodent-loving friend left me so while the wheels obviously turn very slowly at eBay, they do still turn.
Message 307 of 330
Latest reply

I didn't know the neg from the rat had been removed, WELL DONE!!!!! I see other feedback left by the rat have been removed too. Good to see eBay are taking notice (albeit very slowly).

Message 308 of 330
Latest reply

I only noticed it this morning and I haven't even had notification from eBay yet, although I did ring them a short time ago to ask why the associated defect still appeared on my seller's dashboard, but it no longer counts and will apparently disappear at the end of the current evaluation period. That's OK, I can live with that.

It certainly took them long enough, although it's nice to know that they have obviously taken my complaints seriously and are investigating the circumstances, and in particular, the buyer involved. It should be very interesting to see what the ultimate outcome will be.
Message 309 of 330
Latest reply

Not going to happen. Ebay have made up their mind and i have accepted that this account is gone. It's a real shame because i have put approx 8 years into it as a seller and received 12900 feedback.

If they change their mind then i am all for it but i will not be chasing it anymore. it's just too exhausting!

Other plans are taking place and i would rather focus my energies on these.

Message 310 of 330
Latest reply