So much for free listings

So, I have only used a couple of listings,and, according to my 'promotional offers' I supposedly still have 2 lots of 39 freebies left

Except today when I go to list things it says there is the $1.65 fee

This is both with items I am trying to re-list and with brand new listings

I've done the usual 'fixes' but nothing changes

Has anyone else had this? 

Message 1 of 67
Latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: So much for free listings

Does'nt sound like they are very interested in fixing it

Nor do I believe they will refund those they sting with it

Cat Mad

Message 11 of 67
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes i had the same.i had listed six items before i woke up.i phoned ebay,said i would delist my items,the gentleman i spoke to,said he would sort it,and he did,so i have freebies to burn.
Message 12 of 67
Latest reply

I got a refund; So did my daughter; for each $1.65 that shouldn't have been charged for! This involved a lot of time on the phone with Phillipines CS. Known glitch. Care factor zero.

As of today; any edit I tried to make was being charged for @ $1.65. Check Your edits & relists against your account. This was happening while the relist was free, the edit was not. I backed out swiftly when wanting to change handling time from 2 to 3 days would have cost me $1.65 per edit!

Please all check your invoices carefully! How much is Ebay making from this glitch? Revise your listing & it will cost you!

Message 13 of 67
Latest reply

Disgusting and sneaky

Cat MadCat MadCat Mad

Message 14 of 67
Latest reply

My account has gone" retro " the selling format is one of about four /five years ago? and yes $1.65 charge   what the !!

Message 15 of 67
Latest reply

I just listed one on this account and one on another.

No charges.

Message 16 of 67
Latest reply

@demerl54 wrote:

My account has gone" retro " the selling format is one of about four /five years ago? and yes $1.65 charge   what the !!

Your account might be retro but I,m sure it was cheaper than $1.65 to list way back then.    LOL

Message 17 of 67
Latest reply

I've just had a 1.65 fee credited, but could not get an answer when the problem will be fixed.  I think I will just try again tomorrow and see what happens.

Message 18 of 67
Latest reply

Just an update

Still happening now

Phoned ebay and requested a call back

Was told they have only just found out about it

And said, no, not true, I reported the problem yesterday morning and was told in one breath there were no issues, was then told in the next breath they were 'working on it'

Again told that they only just found out and have had not other reports (say what?) I told him I know that is not true

Told again to go on listing and if it charges they will fix it

I said sorry, but you have just told me two things I know to be untrue, so why should I believe that to be true

Just repeated go ahead and list and call them again if there is a fee

Message 19 of 67
Latest reply

Yes same thing happening to me,  they give the 40 promonal free listing and still charge the insert fee  what going on ebay ? now i have stopped listing ?   Ebay should give refunds ?

Message 20 of 67
Latest reply