Someone Selling Similar Items Is Trying To Dictate To Me A Price I Should Be Selling At.

This morning I received an email to my personal email Address and not through eBay Messages. Trying to tell me that I am under cutting sellers who are trying to make a living by selling similar items as to what I am selling. Basically I sell Trading Cards old and new. The email address came from hotmail.com but the person that sent it I have no idea who it is as I have a list of all my buyers for the past 12 months at least. I was informed by this person that my price are too low and should be increased to be compeditive with other sellers. It there a conduct code when selling Items on eBay? I will admit a lot of my items are the cheapest but not all on eBay, I think this email  is basically directed at my 2016 AFL Cards which I sell with Free Postage.I buy These Cards by the box sort them out and sell them with maybe 40 cents profit per card after all expences eBay Fees and Paypal. If I find a rare one then the price goes up after a research on eBay  to see what it is selling for and I List it at $5.00 less that the cheapest listing. I like to move my items quickly then I can buy more.

Thats my side of the story so am I Breaking Any Selling Codes or Conducts Amongst Other Sellers

Thank You

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Someone Selling Similar Items Is Trying To Dictate To Me A Price I Should Be Selling At.

If it was not in your ebay messages as well, it has all the hallmarks of a scam email

Report it to spoof@ebay.com.au

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Forget about it.

It's another seller running scared.   You're taking their business, (hopefully)

Sell for what price you want.  

If they are overpriced, then to compete, their prices should come down  IMO

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

This is a free market. If you wanted to sell 100 at 1$ you can (as an example).

I'd keep a copy of that email and ring eBay. They might be able to connect where it came from with an eBay account.

If anything price fixing/collusion isn't allowed out in the real world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

its no ones business what prices you sell your items for except you. no one knows where you get your items from so how can they decide what price you make a profit at?

anyway, if you chose to sell at a loss that would also be your choice.

i'd stck this person on your block list in your email. ignore them, do not reply at all.

carry on selling at your prices, if its another seller, they can underprice you its a free country.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

To answer the question directly

there is no conduct code for prices on eBay

Your price is whatever you want it to be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Send them one email telling them not to contact you again and that any further unsolicited communications will be reported to hotmail.  If they then contact you again report them, it could very well lead to their email account being suspended. 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Oh, I had one of these a few years ago, except that they sent it from their actual selling account and it wasn't nasty.

It was basically, "You win. I can't possibly match your range or prices. I wish you'd sell your items for higher prices like the rest of us, though."

I took it as a compliment Smiley Very Happy

I've even had someone steal my store name (which is a VERY original name - it definitely wasn't a coincidence) and start selling my items from a website - no doubt hoping to cash in on my good reputation on eBay. I sent them an email and pretended to be a buyer who thought my eBay store/the website were owned by the same person - and the owner of the website pretended to own my eBay store! It was hilarious (and somewhat disturbing). They didn't last very long, as they couldn't keep up.

STOMP THE COMPETITION!

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Mind your own business David!

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

If you're making a profit that you're happy with then just stick to it.

But I do see alot of sellers selling at prices way lower than the true value of an item.

Which then de-values those items,so I can understand where this person is coming from.

Most sellers would like to think that they can sell and make a huge profit just like a pawn shop lol.

Like you said,you purchase in bulk and then sell for a small profit and you sell them quickly so stick to that.

But never sell at a loss.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply