The weekend free listings are now going to be rotational but how often

After contacting ebay, i was told that the weekend free listings are now rotational. 

but they won't tell me how often they will come around.

They said they couldn't tell me because it is computer generated.

Perhaps they don't know that you actually have to program a computer to get it to do that.

The programmer knows but they just won't tell. Why the big secret. It doesn't make sense.

And before you say there is already a thread about the weekend free listings - i started this one because the other one got taken over

by nasty trolls and has now gone down a different track.

so if anyone knows how often the rotations are could you please post on here.

thanks

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Personally, I would take what eBay say with a grain of salt

Especially as they change their story more often than most people change their underwear,and eBay's underwear is so very often on fire

Message 2 of 48
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

thanks

the only people who would have an insight into how often the rotations would occur work for eBay . . . . . and eBay employees stopped posting here back in Sept 2017.

You asked ‘eBay’ and got a response.  Regular posters on these boards have, for years, discussed the ineptitude of eBay in knowing how eBay comes to their operational decisions or when anything specific will happen.

**edit** just noticed that the time stamp on posts here are out of whack

5DDB3365-3757-404F-B592-41B6C1F4A41D.jpeg

Message 3 of 48
Latest reply

Contacted ebay and just the normal reply its random

With family have 4 accounts and no selling promotions atm, ebay arnt helping with all the end of finacial year sales happening. Ive been using gumtree and facebook now days a lot more and paying no fees.

I'll save my good items for ebay when some promotions come up but otherwise facebook marketplace is working great no fees

Message 4 of 48
Latest reply

No body likes it,  but move on and start making new plans.   Even if CS is correct (doubtfull) and the Promo emerges in a random state, there is no guarantee that you will  ever get it, let alone on a regular basis.

As you apparently run multiple accounts, you might consider converting one account to a store.   Make ebay work for you, do not expect ebay to give you anything for nothing.

Message 5 of 48
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

After contacting ebay, i was told that the weekend free listings are now rotational

but they won't tell me how often they will come around.

They said they couldn't tell me because it is computer generated.

Perhaps they don't know that you actually have to program a computer to get it to do that.

The programmer knows but they just won't tell. Why the big secret. It doesn't make sense.

And before you say there is already a thread about the weekend free listings - i started this one because the other one got taken over

by nasty trolls and has now gone down a different track.

thanks

Unfortunately there have been a couple of internal memos doing the rounds of CS reps that had typos.

The first said that " the free listings are on rotation, " but it was meant to say, " the free litings are on ration."

They tried to correct the mistake with a second memo. This one said " the free listings are rotational.", but they actually meant to say " the free listings are irrational ".

Message 6 of 48
Latest reply

Yep, totally agree that free listings are irrational. Why should people running a business and making a profit expect to use ebay for free, while the shareholders forgo any return on their investment. What if someone scraped together their last few dollars and bought ebay shares in the hope they'd be paid a dividend every year? Would it be fair on them to say, "sorry, you have to starve this year because there are some people who really need to have over 2,000 items listed all the time and never pay anything".
Message 7 of 48
Latest reply

Golly if I could afford to buy shares, it would not be Ebay for a start. 

It was good to get extra listings and the best no FVFs. But all good things come to an end.

I do think though Ebay will have the odd free listings accasionly, but not worries.

Will stick to 40 listings as I am on my way out of Ebay. Have stopped listing on this ID. 

Have one more left . Once Paypal goes, so do I. Sell on FB more than what I sell on here. 

But Ebay has been good to me over more than a decade. Can't complain too much. 

Message 8 of 48
Latest reply

This is my listing ID.
Message 9 of 48
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
Yep, totally agree that free listings are irrational. Why should people running a business and making a profit expect to use ebay for free, while the shareholders forgo any return on their investment. What if someone scraped together their last few dollars and bought ebay shares in the hope they'd be paid a dividend every year? Would it be fair on them to say, "sorry, you have to starve this year because there are some people who really need to have over 2,000 items listed all the time and never pay anything".

Ummmm what about the FVFs???

Message 10 of 48
Latest reply