Unhappy buyer

I purchased a camera from an Australian Camera Supplier in Western Australia.  I was referred to him via Whirlpool forums and he had the best price I could find.  The supplier covers the camera under their warranty for 12 months. 

I had to sell the camera and some storage disks as I had some expensive dental work to pay for unfortunately. 

I started the bid from $1 and it ended up selling for $1000. 

Now the buyer is complaining that I misled him saying that the camera I purchased was from a grey importer and not an australian supplier.   The company I purchased the camera from is a registered company in Australia.  He sells photographic equipment to professionals and on his website is very transparent about his warranties etc etc. . 

The buyer is nasty and complaining that the warranty isn't good enough.  I had in my listing that it was from an Australian Supplier and was under 12 months warranty.  Nothing I have said has been a lie or misleading.  There were lots of people bidding for the camera. 

Now he is saying he is going to lodge a complaint with paypal.  I'm very upset about this and I don't know what to do.  I've done nothing wrong and I wish I had the camera back and hadn't had to sell it becasue it was a lovely camera. .

Anyway, any feedback form anyone would be really appreciated. 

Cheers

Message 1 of 100
Latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

Re: Unhappy buyer

The WA camera shop does say on its website that some of their items don't incur gst so I guess they are transparent about it however something like that means nothing to me . . . I was happy with the warranty they provided when I was shopping around. The buyer of this camera is acting like I deliberately hid that it was a grey import. Up until a few days ago I didn't even know what it was.
Message 81 of 100
Latest reply

whether you did it deliberately or not, doesn't matter, but I have NFI how that affects your case....

sheesh....

I feel for you, hoping it does all work out.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 82 of 100
Latest reply

Thanks my*mum . . I have NFI either!!
Message 83 of 100
Latest reply

OMG OMG OMG! . . GUESS WHAT!!! 

I just received email from Pay pal saying the following:

"We have concluded our investigation and have decided in your favour. Any
funds that may have been temporarily held have been returned to your
account."

I am so so happy, relieved. . I jumped out of my seat at work and cried "Yes!" . .

Thank you all so so much for all of your support, care, consideration and wonderful invaluable guidance with this!  I couldn't have done it without you.  Goes to show sometimes you need to stand your ground!  Woman Very Happy xxxxxxxxx

Message 84 of 100
Latest reply

That is fantastic news pretty.

I am so pleased it has worked out for you, and relatively quickly too.

Putting in some thought and work and making sure all your "evidence" is attached with your paypal response to a claim is soooo worth it when you have a buyer that is claiming for not as described, and your goods are exactly as described. 

Woo Hoo !!!

Message 85 of 100
Latest reply

Remember too, that now you have won the paypal claim, if the buyer leaves you negative feedback it can be removed.

If this happens ring ebay and they usually do it on the spot. 

The link for contacting eBay regarding feedback removal is http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1468

Message 86 of 100
Latest reply

im only a buyer but have followed your posts and also say what great news 🙂

the members who give their time for free are are good bunch of people

Message 87 of 100
Latest reply

I've only just caught up on this thread. Well done!

Message 88 of 100
Latest reply

Cuddles, you're not wrong there! Sometimes we just need a bit of support and advice from those who are experienced in such matters.. If I could pass you all a virtual glass of bubbly so we can toast my victory I would! xx
Message 89 of 100
Latest reply

🙂

Message 90 of 100
Latest reply