Unhappy buyer

I purchased a camera from an Australian Camera Supplier in Western Australia.  I was referred to him via Whirlpool forums and he had the best price I could find.  The supplier covers the camera under their warranty for 12 months. 

I had to sell the camera and some storage disks as I had some expensive dental work to pay for unfortunately. 

I started the bid from $1 and it ended up selling for $1000. 

Now the buyer is complaining that I misled him saying that the camera I purchased was from a grey importer and not an australian supplier.   The company I purchased the camera from is a registered company in Australia.  He sells photographic equipment to professionals and on his website is very transparent about his warranties etc etc. . 

The buyer is nasty and complaining that the warranty isn't good enough.  I had in my listing that it was from an Australian Supplier and was under 12 months warranty.  Nothing I have said has been a lie or misleading.  There were lots of people bidding for the camera. 

Now he is saying he is going to lodge a complaint with paypal.  I'm very upset about this and I don't know what to do.  I've done nothing wrong and I wish I had the camera back and hadn't had to sell it becasue it was a lovely camera. .

Anyway, any feedback form anyone would be really appreciated. 

Cheers

Message 1 of 100
Latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

Unhappy buyer

Beach - I'm so totally the opposite!

If I know I'm right, everything is as described, nothing out of order - someone would just about have to put the gun to my head before I would go back on my word.

Mind you, I would be just as quick to recognise if I was wrong, resolve it the best  way I could, like pronto!

But if this was me - I couldn't care less how much trouble the customer can cause - wouldn't be put of before they even started, and ceratinly wouldn't give him one cent - otherwise that would make a mockery of proper descriptions and details in any correct listing.

Some customers count on it - sellers rolling over the minute they raise an "issue".

They may say, lets make their life difficult as best as we can, who knows, we'll get a refund, part refund or whatever.

Message 91 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

I agree James! I know I'm not supposed to that these things "personally" but buyers like this one I just had are just bullies and they need to learn that they can't always get their own way! I would rather die trying than lie down and be trampled by them.
Message 92 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

@pretty_prettys wrote:

OMG OMG OMG! . . GUESS WHAT!!! 

I just received email from Pay pal saying the following:

"We have concluded our investigation and have decided in your favour. Any funds that may have been temporarily held have been returned to your account." 

I am so so happy, relieved. . I jumped out of my seat at work and cried "Yes!" . .

Thank you all so so much for all of your support, care, consideration and wonderful invaluable guidance with this!  I couldn't have done it without you.  Goes to show sometimes you need to stand your ground!  Woman Very Happy xxxxxxxxx

Just got online and read your news.  That is GREAT news  Smiley Very Happy

Now, put them on your Blocked Bidder List and choose the option to not receive any messages from them.

edit: you know things are good when you get a "Woo Hoo" from cats, she normally only reserves these for when she gets 10,000 free listings from eBay.

Message 93 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

I'm surprised he hasn't left me negtive feedback. . Smiley Surprised

Message 94 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

As mentioned by someone previously, this was how I would like to see threads progress. Well done.

I can now see both sides to the story. The buyer assumed too much and did not ask enough questions, and the seller was ignorant to the "grey product" sensitivity (I was too). Clearly warrantee was at issue here - and the type given was not acceptable or worthless to the buyer. 

Message 95 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

@pretty_prettys wrote:

I'm surprised he hasn't left me negtive feedback. . Smiley Surprised

I think there are a lot of ebayers who take it on the chin when they lose a claim and move on without paying out on seller by leaving negative feedback. 

Message 96 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

Hi.. what a great outcome... well done !...I was just wondering if the buyer will on sell the camera now...I'll keep an eye out for it...lol

Message 97 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

@peppers-tree wrote:

Hi.. what a great outcome... well done !...I was just wondering if the buyer will on sell the camera now...I'll keep an eye out for it...lol

What an idiot if he does!  He's bought a brilliant camera . . less than 2.5 months after I purchased it and for $300 less than I paid so he HAS received a bargain.  And the warranty was only for 12 months - it wasn't an extended warranty.  The business I bought the camera from sells to professionals so I doubt the stockists he uses would sell equipment that was problematic, but that's not to say that a warranty isn't important, and his warranty is equivalent with the manufacturers warranty.  The buyer, IMO was just splitting hairs.  He was an pain to start with even from the moment he won the bid telling me in the paypal notes when he paid for it to pack the camera very carefully as he didn't want it damaged (like I'm an abolutely imbecile) ..    Thank God that one's over!! 

Message 98 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

I just spent the last half an hour reading over this thread.  And by golly I think I actually learnt something Smiley Very Happy It's great to see the community here are prepared to help and give their time and offer such insightful advice. And it's so awesome that Paypal ruled in your favour. Well done OP, well done Paypal and most of all KUDOS to all who contributed to OP's dilemma. And believe me I lost sleep over a $7.50 sale that went wrong recently so it must've been an awesome feeling getting that email from paypal. 

Message 99 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

@secondhand-wonderland wrote:

I just spent the last half an hour reading over this thread.  And by golly I think I actually learnt something Smiley Very Happy It's great to see the community here are prepared to help and give their time and offer such insightful advice. And it's so awesome that Paypal ruled in your favour. Well done OP, well done Paypal and most of all KUDOS to all who contributed to OP's dilemma. And believe me I lost sleep over a $7.50 sale that went wrong recently so it must've been an awesome feeling getting that email from paypal. 

This whole scenario stressed me out so much it literally made me sick.  I'm now getting over a bug which surfaced on Tuesday and my voice is only just starting to return. . So yes, stuff like this takes its toll. . But I think no matter what course I would have taken, whether I'd refunded the buyer his requested $150 or whether I had returned it and granted a whole refund or taken the couse I had which was stand my ground, this kind of stuff is not for the feint hearted that's for sure!!   And yes, KUDOS 100 fold to all the fab community members who rallied by my side! 

Message 100 of 100
Latest reply