Unhappy buyer

I purchased a camera from an Australian Camera Supplier in Western Australia.  I was referred to him via Whirlpool forums and he had the best price I could find.  The supplier covers the camera under their warranty for 12 months. 

I had to sell the camera and some storage disks as I had some expensive dental work to pay for unfortunately. 

I started the bid from $1 and it ended up selling for $1000. 

Now the buyer is complaining that I misled him saying that the camera I purchased was from a grey importer and not an australian supplier.   The company I purchased the camera from is a registered company in Australia.  He sells photographic equipment to professionals and on his website is very transparent about his warranties etc etc. . 

The buyer is nasty and complaining that the warranty isn't good enough.  I had in my listing that it was from an Australian Supplier and was under 12 months warranty.  Nothing I have said has been a lie or misleading.  There were lots of people bidding for the camera. 

Now he is saying he is going to lodge a complaint with paypal.  I'm very upset about this and I don't know what to do.  I've done nothing wrong and I wish I had the camera back and hadn't had to sell it becasue it was a lovely camera. .

Anyway, any feedback form anyone would be really appreciated. 

Cheers

Message 1 of 100
Latest reply
99 REPLIES 99

Unhappy buyer

He will have to return the camera at his expense, by trackable means, in order to get a refund from Paypal. He will also, I believe, have to tell Paypal how the camera was not as described. Which you can dispute, once he returns it.

Wait. A lot of threats are exactly that and if he can't provide proof, he should lose. You might have to twist Paypal's arm, but there are plenty of members who can advise you on that.

Message 2 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

Have you got the receipt from when you bought the item? That should have the details of exactly where you bought the item.

define grey importer. Why does the buyer think this is where the camera came fronm?

define Australian Supplier. Why does the customer think the camera didn't come from there?

What is it about the warrANTY that isn't good enough? Did you state otherwise at any time?

When he lodges a case with PayPal, you take a deep breath and you answer all of their questions. I assume he will say "SNAD" however his issue is with the warranty and from where you purchased it. So first it has to be established if that is sufficient to be classified as SIGNIFICANT, and if your description somehow l;ed the buyer to believe otherwise.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

Is the camera still uinder warranty?

Did the buyer ask you any specifics about the warranty?

Did the bidder have any contact with you at all prior to winning the auction?

Message 4 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

Just putting the relevant description heree, so I can close the page....

Nikon D7100 Digital SLR Camera

I purchased this camera brand new from an Australian Camera Supplier 3 months ago and unfortunately I have to sell it.  It is still under warranty.

It's an awesome camera, barely used - taken under 500 shots.  Comes with 2 SanDisk Extreme 32GB memory storage cards and also a handy camera bag. 

Buyer placed one bid about 15 secoinds before auction ended.

Message 5 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

Most warranties are not transferrable - you're better off not mentioning them in a listing at all, unless you can guarantee that they will be honoured.

That aside, if it's the brand and model as listed, I don't think the buyer has much chance of winning a SNAD claim because where it originated from is irrelevant. 

Message 6 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

Is the camera still under warranty? Yes it is. . .

Did the buyer ask you any specifics about the warranty? He asked if I had the receipt for the warranty and I said I did. . and I did!

Did the bidder have any contact with you at all prior to winning the auction? Yes he asked me about the receipt and warranty as above.
Message 7 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

i need to learn to read.

Message 8 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

Pardon?
Message 9 of 100
Latest reply

Unhappy buyer

This is the first time I've been on the Ebay communities forum though I've been on ebay for ages and never had any issues until now. 

Anyway, Id just like to thank you peeps above for your advice and insight into this. . I've been so upset about it and I feel a lot better now after reading your replies.   I didn't misrepresent the item and I think in my heart that this guy is just suffering from buyers remorse maybe?   I don't know why as he got a camera and storage disks which were all pretty much brand new for $300 less . . and he's complaing about the warranty which is still valid but it's only for 12 months anyway.  There's nothing wrong with the camera.  It works perfectly.  Anyway, I'll shut up now  . . Thank you xx

Message 10 of 100
Latest reply