What the hell is up with AusPost

It is now cheaper and faster to get deliveries from overseas. Good work AusPost for taking weeks to deliver packages (thats when they actully arrive)

Message 1 of 104
Latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Re: What the hell is up with AusPost

@beautbots01 wrote:

What about this little gem then?  Australia Post, what to say about this lot?

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=graemeclaire09&ftab=FeedbackLeftFo...

That buyer is really abusing the ebay feedback system and should be reported, there is no way she has not received that many items. 

Message 71 of 104
Latest reply

I doubt ebay will do anything and if crikey comes back he will back me up.Cat Surprised

Message 72 of 104
Latest reply

@dylan11235813 wrote:

I doubt ebay will do anything and if crikey comes back he will back me up.Cat Surprised

*clears throat*

Spoiler
don't think that went unnoticed

*flicks hair*

*flounces off*

Spoiler

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 73 of 104
Latest reply

@obemine wrote:

Next if a customer complains about non delivery re send to thier local post office NOT to the same address that you sent goods to.  We have found over the 15 years that many of the people who complain have not got the full or correct address on eBay and then blame the seller.

All Aust Post offices will hold mail (eg John Smith c\- Anytown Local Post Office).  The big trick her is to get the buyer to understand that it is not registered and they need to go into the local post office and state the item is being held c/- local post office.  ( Many travellers use this method of receiving mail)

Thank you so much for that advice.... we have a buyer with an "undeliverable " parcel that has been going on for 2 weeks now as aus post have now lost the original item ( shown in tracking as posted on 2/10  entering the bermuda triangle on 3/10 .  sighted again 8/10  & then ......never seen again).........if I had read yor  post earlier I would have saved myself 4 hours tomorrow to personally deliver another lot of  goods to buyer.

once again thank you this is excellent advice 

Message 74 of 104
Latest reply

There are going to be a lot of disappointed people over Christmas with Australia Post continuing to stuff up over and over again.  Once again they have failed to deliver.  An large envelope sent from Brisbane to Sydney still hasnt arrived after 10 days...just great service...NOT!

Message 75 of 104
Latest reply

I had a quick chat to my postie last week as he was delivering my mail. He was pretty tired. He starts at 6am and said he may finish by 5 or 6pm that day.  I complained about how slow delivery seems to have become lately, and this is what he said to me... There's too much mail, they can't handle it and are holding mail back every day. Now this is in Adelaide and may not apply to other states.

No doubt someone from AP who monitors the boards will deny it.  But really, it explains a lot.

What it doesn't explain is why SO much is going missing.  I have 3 missing at the moment, often 2 or 3 at any given time.

Message 76 of 104
Latest reply

when they hold it back they pop it in a safe place so that they will remember where they put it - you know the one - the one you can never find again?

but sometimes they accidentally come across them a few weeks later so they pop them in with the usual mail, (but has anyone noticed that they never lose bills etc? They always manage to turn up in a timely manner.....)

anyway I digress

more often than not though, those misplaced letters just go into that super safe place, and every now and then someone comes across them and then sends them to auction as unclaimed goods or lost or whatever.

Message 77 of 104
Latest reply

" a sticker attached that says "signature on delivery" then someone has to sign for it"

usually the people delivering it lol

Message 78 of 104
Latest reply

I got an express parcel yesterday. Bought it at some bizarre time Wednesday Morning from Melbourne. Arrived in Queensland on Thursday. Kudos to AP.

However, somone was home all day Thursday, and the delivery person carded it. Not a big deal,

but - I paid to have it delivered to my address and there was no reason why they couldn't. So they either

a) didn't knock (andf yes we would have heard it, but not even a whimper out of the dogs either), or

b) they didn't even bother to attempt delivery and just left it at the PO and decided to card me.

That made me a bit pissy.

*takes kudos back*

I asked the the lady at the PO today if there was a reason that I was carded rather than the parcel being delivered, and she basically begged me to report it. She said there was no reason why it had to be carded if someone was home to sign for it.

*thinks about giving the kudos back again*

The item turned up and had obviously been well handled, packaging perfect and contents all good - the goods were just a thin layer of bubble wrap around the actual soft cardboard of the product's box, so the box could have quite easily been squished or the corner dented in, but it was perfect.

*gives kudos back*

Message 79 of 104
Latest reply

Mail being held back is a possibility, as I often get 3 or 4 items all at once, mailed many days apart.  The slow mail has been happening since August.  If they have a problem in the Australia Post system they have had time to fix it by now.  I am not mailing any gifts this Christmas, as AP wont be handling the busy season.  Why don't they put on more staff?  On Friday I received an item from China and it was the fastest delivery from overseas I have EVER received.  8 days from China was excellent, usually 2-3wks.. I dont even know how that was possible.    And then we have Australia Post....customer waiting on an envelope I send from Bris to the Gold Coast..10 days and still waiting...what a joke!!!....not

Message 80 of 104
Latest reply