What the hell is up with AusPost

It is now cheaper and faster to get deliveries from overseas. Good work AusPost for taking weeks to deliver packages (thats when they actully arrive)

Message 1 of 104
Latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

@crikey*mate wrote:

oops apologies then, to both you and sweetpea, a few of my posts may not have made sense to each of you then as I did think you were the same people...

now, are you the one who wants a postmas in stockings and satin LOLOL?

or the one talking about unions and 44 gallon drums?

*scrolls back for a peek*

Actually I don't want some fellow turning up in satin and stockings with a parcel or anything else, hurmph. I just meant that for what Australia Post charges, we should all have our own individual royal messenger. If their service was 100% successful with overnight delivery anywhere within the nation, I would still have a go at them as long as they are making a profit.

They have no right to be doing so and all prices should be set to break even at best and small loss at worst. We pay taxation to cover the services that Government provides and they have the legislative capability to raise taxes if they need to that is the ONLY way they should be generating revenue. Forcing Australia Post to make a profit, pay a dividend and then tax them on it is a fraud on Australia Post's users and the Australian taxpayer. The only reason they can get away with it is because of the general ignorance and apathy of the Australian people. 

@crikey*mate wrote:

and are you the one who thought I was a boy?

anyway, hi Billy Hello wave.gif

I thought it was a fair assumption. I don't know any "sheilas" who ever use either "crikey" or "mate" in conversation but then I don't know anything about "stalking horses".

"Padches? We ain't got no padches. We don't need no padches. I don't have to show you any stinking padches".
Message 61 of 104
Latest reply

I'm e dude talking 44s and I'm the guilty party for calling you Mr cricket. Is that a problem after all a female criket is pretty rare.

Not sure why you would take offence to being called a guy just on a internet name after all its a pretty generic name and probably would be more seen as a male using it but female male is it that big a deal really.
Message 62 of 104
Latest reply

nah, it was Billy

as soon as I saw you refer to me as C R I C K E T, I just assumed you had started the cask that you have clearly finished off tonight.

Not a big deal, a few peeps had just recently thought I was a boy....

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 63 of 104
Latest reply

@1sweetap6v8 wrote:
I'm e dude talking 44s and I'm the guilty party for calling you Mr cricket. Is that a problem after all a female criket is pretty rare.

Not sure why you would take offence to being called a guy just on a internet name after all its a pretty generic name and probably would be more seen as a male using it but female male is it that big a deal really.

Except for the misogynistic assumptions. And a poster's previous form.

I thought we did a deal last year that you would use sandpaper instead of an angle grinder.

Message 64 of 104
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:
Except for the misogynistic assumptions. And a poster's previous form.

I resent that! I am not a misogynist. I am a misanthrope   Robot tongue

"Padches? We ain't got no padches. We don't need no padches. I don't have to show you any stinking padches".
Message 65 of 104
Latest reply

Not often I comment on the boards but here is some basics.

We lodge all items over the counter at Aust Post and keep a record of all items sent in excel.  We get Aust Post to verify our records by stamping every day.  This provides some paperwork in the case of chargebacks.

Next if a customer complains about non delivery re send to thier local post office NOT to the same address that you sent goods to.  We have found over the 15 years that many of the people who complain have not got the full or correct address on eBay and then blame the seller.

All Aust Post offices will hold mail (eg John Smith c\- Anytown Local Post Office).  The big trick her is to get the buyer to understand that it is not registered and they need to go into the local post office and state the item is being held c/- local post office.  ( Many travellers use this method of receiving mail)

Australia Post has also introduced tracking labels for all parcels which is great apart from the fact that many sellers like to get postage costs down and use letter/ large letter rates.

If you find a pattern of a person not receiving goods then put it on feedback so other sellers, eBay and PayPal can see the buyer is not getting items.

Australia Post will investigate an area if a pattern arises.

Hope this helps a little

Lindy
Message 66 of 104
Latest reply

Yeah dylan, but they'll probably cut the tax excempt amount from $1000 to $200 like it was years ago

That's not going to make much difference to the thousands of $10 items Australia Post has to deliver

Everyone's ignorant...only on different subjects - Will Rogers
Message 67 of 104
Latest reply

Yeah Davewill w/e ever your little mind dreams up , is just all part of what we see you all for here nasty make it up dreamers.

And Criket i called you that not because it looks like it resembles the word at a glance, im am not drunk, firstly I dont drink cheap ass cask wine or as it was once known as PLONK and it came in goons not boxes that's the only difference. Secondly I dont use alcohol more than 3 times a year so maybe Davewill could direct his pathetic attempts of misogynistic assumptions theory towards you.

OH and Dave sandpaper isn't on the agenda , Sand blaster with 40,000lbs of thrust behind it is though. With an upgrade of high pressure caustic soda as a back up . Pointed at who ever wants it.
Message 68 of 104
Latest reply

Just been informed that 2 more of my large envelopes have not arrived, after 3 weeks one of them!!!  Just great Australia Post!!!  You just keep costing me money....Appalling service now..  If they can't handle delivering large envelopes I'm not sending parcels anywhere!!

Message 69 of 104
Latest reply

What about this little gem then?  Australia Post, what to say about this lot?

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=graemeclaire09&ftab=FeedbackLeftFo...

Message 70 of 104
Latest reply