What the hell is up with AusPost

It is now cheaper and faster to get deliveries from overseas. Good work AusPost for taking weeks to deliver packages (thats when they actully arrive)

Message 1 of 104
Latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

lyndal1838 wrote

Startrack is NOT Australia Post and never has been.  The current Startrack company is an amalgamation of Australian Air Express and Startrack.  Aae used to be in partnership with Australia Post Couriers but now AP Couriers are on their own.

As AP owns 100% of StarTrack Lyndal, the identification by a poster that the company  "is Australia Post" is correct IMO.

Message 91 of 104
Latest reply

Australia Post is nothing like it used to be.

I still have an item that is showing as in transit from MAY this year.

It was dropped without scanning as a "safe drop" despite the fact it had "do not safe drop" sticker on it.

My local post office keeps running out of "do not safe drop " stickers as I now demand them on everything  (especially registered items)

Last week I had five items in transit more than a week after posting as aus post people are too lazy to scan items.

Maybe somebody needs to sue aus post for neglect, incompetence or stupidity as the service really is poor nowadays.  

Message 92 of 104
Latest reply

Unless requested otherwise by a buyer, I would not send a parcel without an AP Do not safe drop sticker - very useful in compensation claims where items are tracked as delivered when the buyer was not at home and are willing to work with you to prove to Australia Post if needs be.

Message 93 of 104
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@crowsman53 wrote:

Think I will start looking at Couriers but Not Star Track as they are AP.

Crowsman

Startrack is NOT Australia Post and never has been.  The current Startrack company is an amalgamation of Australian Air Express and Startrack.  Aae used to be in partnership with Australia Post Couriers but now AP Couriers are on their own.

My step-daughter is a Star Track HR manager, and the company was 50% Aust Post and 50% QANTAS, and last year Aust Post bought out QANTAS, making Aust Post  Star Track's one and only shareholder.

Marina.

Message 94 of 104
Latest reply

ah yes..australia post...mmmmmmm where do i start??.they are a joke thats all ill say for now LOLOL...

Message 95 of 104
Latest reply

Actually Australia Post is not a business that is created to make a profit- Australia post is a government entity made to provide a service.

Australia post has a monopoly on stamp based mail in this country- and yes oneday there will most likely be a class action against them but the only winners in a class action will be businesses who have detailed records of the mail they have posted over the years- and not the average consumer or citizens- who it was setup up to service.

Australia Post is the trading name of the Australian Government-owned Australian Postal Corporation (formerly the Australian Postal Commission).

Australia Post has been and will continue to rort the population without any consequence.

I posted an item registered that hadn't arrived Melb to Aelaide in 1 week. Contacted AustPost who said "what do you want us to do about it? It is only registered. You didn't pay for signature on delivery or guarenteed delivery so there is nothing we can do". Registered post means nothing so dont be fooled by it- and make sure you lodge and SCAN it over the counter to prevent any hassles..... because remember they don't provide a service anymore- so they actually dont care whether your mail arrives or not. as long as they get their weekly wage. The drop off in their performance is horrific and inexcusable. 

Luckliy honest buyer emailed and said they received the registered item. When I track it now it is "still in transit"- over a month later.... but it has already been delivered. LOL AustPost still cant explain how it is in transit yet is has been delivered.

Australia Post is pathetic and treat their work as a paycheck and not a service. If nurses treated their patients like paychecks as opposed to serving the patient there would be hell to pay.

Australia Post- use us and it may just get there.

Message 96 of 104
Latest reply

Hi Rory-

Thats really confusing- what is the point of your resdistribution centre??

I have a large letter that has gone missing which was $50 worth.

The item is addressed to the recipient, and it has my return address on the back.

So my question is if you can't deliver it to the recipient and you cant return it to me the sender, then what is the redistribution centre going to do?

I can't understand how that is possible.

Nonetheless, thank you and I will try and call them today.

Message 97 of 104
Latest reply

Are you sure you don't work for aus post ?
Sure sounds like you do !

Too many things go missing the system needs an overhaul !
Message 98 of 104
Latest reply

lulicool, how did you go using smartsend as a courier?

If $6.44 is their price for a 500g satchel,

what is the price for larger satchels (I send shoes in 3kg satchels & bags in 5kg satchels)

are there any hidden extra costs, e.g. for re-delivery if a buyer is not home

Message 99 of 104
Latest reply

You need to get your facts right. You can send a parcel up to 500 grams for $7:60  anywhere in Australia. A 3kg can be sent for $13:80 if you use a prepaid satchel

Message 100 of 104
Latest reply