What the hell is up with AusPost

It is now cheaper and faster to get deliveries from overseas. Good work AusPost for taking weeks to deliver packages (thats when they actully arrive)

Message 1 of 104
Latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

At the moment 2 missing parcels and one delivered but not delivered parcel. I had the same as you one normal letter from Tweed to Brisbane 12 days.
Message 81 of 104
Latest reply

Mail would have been quicker in the old days...Horse and cart..mail delivered the old fashioned way 🙂    12 days from Brisbane to the Gold Coast..hmm..could have walked a crippled mule carying the mail and delivered the mail faster!!!  Australia Post won't admit there is a problem...but there is a very BIG problem obviously...

Message 82 of 104
Latest reply

@cutegrlcat wrote:

Mail being held back is a possibility, as I often get 3 or 4 items all at once, mailed many days apart.  The slow mail has been happening since August.  If they have a problem in the Australia Post system they have had time to fix it by now.  I am not mailing any gifts this Christmas, as AP wont be handling the busy season.  Why don't they put on more staff?  On Friday I received an item from China and it was the fastest delivery from overseas I have EVER received.  8 days from China was excellent, usually 2-3wks.. I dont even know how that was possible.    And then we have Australia Post....customer waiting on an envelope I send from Bris to the Gold Coast..10 days and still waiting...what a joke!!!....not

superman1.gif

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 83 of 104
Latest reply

Mail would have been quicker in the old days...Horse and cart..mail delivered the old fashioned way :smileyhappy:    12 days from Brisbane to the Gold Coast..hmm..could have walked a crippled mule carying the mail and delivered the mail faster!!!  Australia Post won't admit there is a problem...but there is a very BIG problem obviously...

Message 84 of 104
Latest reply

Ok What is happening to all the mail that is going missing?? Are AP selling the backlog at auctions? I sent a parcel to the wrong address about 2 months ago and the lady who received it contacted me and said she would Return It To Sender. I believe her as she is a very good customer but that parcel still has not arrived. Lucky I had another item the same and contacted the buyer and explained what happened. He/She responded no problems so I sent it off to the proper address with tracking. I have not received any comfermation that they received it but I understand that but I am still waiting for the first to be returned and AP must have it Postage costs from Adelaide to Nth Qld $18.45 Postage to NSW where it was suppose to go $12.95 and Item cost was only $15.00 so I am well out of pocket and still not receive the original posted item.. Think I will start looking at Couriers but Not Star Track as they are AP.

Crowsman

Message 85 of 104
Latest reply

What gets me annoyed is that items go missing very often now with Australia Post.   I have a return address on the back of every envelope I send, yet they never get returned...they are just "out there" somewhere in a void.   There is no way in the world that I would trust Australia Post to deliver personal Christmas Presents this year...its just asking for trouble.  If they can't deliver in non peak times, they are going to be hopeless now in the busy Christmas season.   Absolutely hopeless service now..  😞

Message 86 of 104
Latest reply

Thanks for the info - I too am sick of the mailing delays and the expensive over the top postage rates...
Message 87 of 104
Latest reply

hi

i got an issue with 2 i sent

one has been sitting at the post office for collection since 6/11/13

aust post site said they tried to deliver no-one home i assume they carded

i emailed buyer to let them know.aust post site still says awaiting collection today

got no idea whats happening(up to buyer i think never had this issue before)

2nd one sent from me sydney on 18/11/13 to WA i put over counter and scanned(as i do all satchels and parcels)

all it says is in transit been saying since the 18th

have not heard from buyer.hope it gets their soon

i figured 10 days tops but i know they have been going at a snails pace for ages

tara

Message 88 of 104
Latest reply

@shoptilludroptara wrote:

hi

i got an issue with 2 i sent

one has been sitting at the post office for collection since 6/11/13

aust post site said they tried to deliver no-one home i assume they carded

i emailed buyer to let them know.aust post site still says awaiting collection today

got no idea whats happening(up to buyer i think never had this issue before)

2nd one sent from me sydney on 18/11/13 to WA i put over counter and scanned(as i do all satchels and parcels)

all it says is in transit been saying since the 18th

have not heard from buyer.hope it gets their soon

i figured 10 days tops but i know they have been going at a snails pace for ages

tara

Tara the items have probably been collected or delivered and not scanned.  Not all events are scanned.

Until you hear direct from a buyer that they have not received a parcel, I would not worry about it.

Message 89 of 104
Latest reply

@crowsman53 wrote:

Think I will start looking at Couriers but Not Star Track as they are AP.

Crowsman

Startrack is NOT Australia Post and never has been.  The current Startrack company is an amalgamation of Australian Air Express and Startrack.  Aae used to be in partnership with Australia Post Couriers but now AP Couriers are on their own.

Message 90 of 104
Latest reply