Why can buyers blame sellers because Australia Post is slow?

Paid 21/1 Sent 23/1 and it arrived 3 weeks later from SA to Vic

I copped a neutral for slow postage and no communication when I answered their message about the lost books on Feb 5 and never heard back

What gives buyers the right the blame sellers because Australia Post cant do their job correctly

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Why can buyers blame sellers because Australia Post is slow?

Not all Oz sellers are slack communicators!

When I was selling I posted same day or if purchased on a weekend (no Saturday service at my local Post Office) the very next post after the weekend.

I sent the buyer a thank you email for purchasing.

I sent another after their parcel was posted including information re postage time etc.

I sent another if their parcel was held over the weekend so they wouldn't count a weekend as a business day.

I sent another when I could see their parcel had been delivered.

But I have bought a lot of stuff form sellers who you never hear from at all. Some solely rely on the emails generated by eBay. I think personal contact and good service is the key most of the time but there is always some goose who will leave a lower DSR because they can. It's their little bit of power in an otherwise dreary existance Woman Frustrated

Message 21 of 53
Latest reply

I think that is all about deal with eBay and AP, when parcel is sent regular with tracking number (NOT with eBay labels) it will be muc qicker. Last week posted parcel in Melbourne and Buyer received for 3 days, but I bought from Seller in Melbourne (20 km) and received after  5 days

because he posted with eBay label !

Waiting one small parcel from Brisbane 7 days and who knows when will received.

All is wrong when sending trough AP with eBay label!

Message 22 of 53
Latest reply

@vosa51 wrote:

I think that is all about deal with eBay and AP, when parcel is sent regular with tracking number (NOT with eBay labels) it will be muc qicker. Last week posted parcel in Melbourne and Buyer received for 3 days, but I bought from Seller in Melbourne (20 km) and received after  5 days

because he posted with eBay label !

Waiting one small parcel from Brisbane 7 days and who knows when will received.

All is wrong when sending trough AP with eBay label!

I think it is about not dragging up really old threads.

If you have an issue, start a new thread. Or even post to one of the myriad threads that post-date this one.

Message 23 of 53
Latest reply

I purchased a computer on monday from a seller that is in the same state as me, its still hasn't arrived as yet by australia post they gave me an estimate when it would arrive which is next monday but they said they can't guarantee that it will arrive then. the seller provides tracking evidence so I don't blame them its just our mediocre australia post service

Message 24 of 53
Latest reply

I think it is about not dragging up really old threads.

Message 25 of 53
Latest reply

Lol, silly me got nearly to the bottom of first page before I noticed - just goes to show not a lot has changed Smiley LOL

Message 26 of 53
Latest reply

As a buyer a few thing's bug me and why i may leave -feedback

1st No tracking supplied fine on a $20 item but when you pay $300

2nd when i purchase something at 8pm  Sunday night and by 8:30 its posted

yes i know about C&S but doesn't the seller then have several days to post

so just when is it posted

3rd No response to email's

4th No communication IE. why a delay, not in stock, item had to be ordered from overseas

a simple email update will solve most buyer concerns be pro-active

+ lazy Australia post drivers i've watch drivers fill out a sorry i missed you card and leave it in my letterbox

with no attempt at delivery

i personally use parcel lockers when possible that way i'm not having to wait all day for it to be delivered

it is safer than home delivery i've had parcels that require signature just left on doorstep but tracking shows illegible signature

but some sellers refuse to use

Message 27 of 53
Latest reply

This thread was started over 3 1/2 years ago, and your post is not even relevant to the initial post.......................

Better to start a new thread if you want to have a whinge at sellers.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 28 of 53
Latest reply

I always tell the customer when  I post and I provide tracking.

I keep tabs on tracking.

If the postage is slow, I inform the customer where the parcel is.

The main thing is to provide tacking and be in constant communication with the customer.

I have not had any problem at all.

Cheers

Message 29 of 53
Latest reply

Maybe use a different parcel service if you don't want a neutral since if I pay 13 bucks for postage I expect it in a timely manner and if not i'll you a neutral rating.

Message 30 of 53
Latest reply