and I thought I had heard it all before lol

just received a return request ... not quite one I have heard before lol

Ordered by mistake
Comments:Order was placed by my 12 year old daughter who stole my credit card details to set up Ebay account and purchase goods. I wish to return all items. Thanks for your consideration.

I offer returns anyway and so as long as the goods are returned exactly as were received I dont have an issue

I wonder how many other items this buyer needs to return

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: and I thought I had heard it all before lol

The problem is, because you do accept returns for change of mind (I do too) then you don't have any choice in accepting the return for whatever stupid reason the buyer states.

I hope you have put in your listing that the buyer pays postage costs - at least she will be out of pocket for the intial and return postage (if it wasn't free postage) - that has to sting a bit.

If you don't accept the return, then the buyer can escalate.. .yes it is possible to lose the item and the funds even for a change of mind return.  Also you get one of those "case closed without seller resolution" defects which also means you don't get your fees back either.

Message 11 of 31
Latest reply

so I messaged ebay about having my funds released

lets just say my reply was not until the buyer is fully refunded and closes the case

also they inform I shall receive a defect for this debacle

not quite sure how I am exactly the bad seller in this matter lol

this whole system is so flawed and totally lacking in commonsense

hopefully I shall be able to wind up on ebay in the near future as it really is not worth the stress and angst any longer

just ranting ...

Message 12 of 31
Latest reply

I would be ringing eBay, ask to speak to a supervisor and demand they look at the reason for the return. How dare they threaten you with a defect when the buyer violated eBay policy. Of course if they ask if you want them to step in and help, say NO, you just want them to be aware of the reason for the return. It's nothing you did wrong, the buyer is 100% in the wrong here.

Message 13 of 31
Latest reply

I can't understand why PayPal are holding your funds for a buyer remorse return. The only time that's happened to me was when the buyer was from the US. They usually only hold your funds for a NAD return. You shouldn't receive a defect either.... Not that it matters, the system is defunct in Feb anyway.
Message 14 of 31
Latest reply

Unfortunately the buyer is legally able to do a bank chargeback even if it was her own daughter who stole and used the card (or she is prepared to keep up the fiction if she didn't) I have no idea how an ebay dispute would go in this instance but if the buyer were to open a Paypal dispute and the OP has the correct proof of posting then they would have seller protection. Ebay should work the same but with the added complication of the postage cost. If the OP has an item cost only for change of mind policy then that is all they should have to refund if and when the items are returned but with ebay who knows?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 15 of 31
Latest reply

I cannot fathom why a 12 year old girl would want to purchase a ladies size dress which would be far to big for her

If this fact carries any weight, I'd be making sure eBay/PayPal are aware of that.  Hope you are successful.

Message 16 of 31
Latest reply

I've seen plenty of 12yo's that are of adult size, but the big question is, what 12yo would want the adult fashion? I would have thought a 12yo would want the latest trendy tween fashion, not "granny clothes"? At 12 I lived in jeans and riding boots. I look back at some of the clothes my mother wore back then and quite like them now, but at 12, I thought they were ghastly and would only have thought to wear them to a bad taste party.

I still maintain that the account holder bought it and has now changed their mind. They seem to think that sellers have never heard the excuse that the child, the dog, that cat, the goldfish bought it. Heck, even 12 month olds are managing to hit buy it now, then confirm these days!

Message 17 of 31
Latest reply

i better have a talk to my cats ,i am sure some parcels wernt ordered by me or the family mmmm

Message 18 of 31
Latest reply

report their account to eBay as having been compromised.

Message 19 of 31
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

i better have a talk to my cats ,i am sure some parcels wernt ordered by me or the family mmmm

Same here Joe. My pets have been buying up big too. I got all these deliveries the other day that I didn't buy, neither did my husband. Then I looked over to the pets and they were sitting there with a sheepish, I didn't do it, look on their face. Wretched cats. They're too smart for their own good. They have now been banned from using the computer.

Message 20 of 31
Latest reply