and I thought I had heard it all before lol

just received a return request ... not quite one I have heard before lol

Ordered by mistake
Comments:Order was placed by my 12 year old daughter who stole my credit card details to set up Ebay account and purchase goods. I wish to return all items. Thanks for your consideration.

I offer returns anyway and so as long as the goods are returned exactly as were received I dont have an issue

I wonder how many other items this buyer needs to return

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: and I thought I had heard it all before lol

The goldfish did it Smiley Very Happy

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 21 of 31
Latest reply

its got to be the cat , as the cat chases the mouse on the computer and clickes the sides of it, mmmm

Message 22 of 31
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

its got to be the cat , as the cat chases the mouse on the computer and clickes the sides of it, mmmm

my goodness joe, we should call you Noah!  Earlier this year you had chooks, now cats, a mouse . . . . . . . heavens knows you'll have squirrels nibbling on your nuts before we know it!

Message 23 of 31
Latest reply

this is my most recent reply to yet another email

Good Day!

Thanks for writing us back.

After checking on the details, it showed that the buyer's claim is not valid as there is nothing wrong with the item. It's not your fault that their 12 yr old daughter purchased the item without their permission.

I understand you're concern about this buyer might get a refund for this transaction and the defect that it created on your account when they opened the request.

In this case, you don't have to worry, you may leave it as it is for now, since this is still an open request. We are unable to take any action just yet. We'll just wait for the buyer to escalate the request. Once escalated, we'll review and we'll take action accordingly.

Technically, this is a remorse situation, the buyer should not be getting any refund. On the other hand, since you have accepted the return, if the buyer would insist to return the item for a refund, they will have to pay for the return postage cost. Once you receive the item back, you may process a refund for the item cost without the postage.

Once case is closed, let us know so we can review the defect for removal.

We appreciate your time on this matter.

Thanks for choosing eBay. Have a good one!

my funds are still held and I still have to wait for the buyer to return the item if she does or to close the case and then I have to yet again contact ebay to remove defect and most probably only then will I have the funds released ... what a big waste of time

the previous defect for item not recieved on another case where the buyer failed to collect the item from her post office still has not been removed

I am under the impression that even ebay customer service reps do not understand the system lol

Message 24 of 31
Latest reply

yes I also concur that this is a lame excuse on behalf of the account holder, really not necessary when I already offer return for change of mind

not quite sure I would call my items granny fashion lol not that old myself yet
Message 25 of 31
Latest reply

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 26 of 31
Latest reply

@rachelle011273 wrote:
yes I also concur that this is a lame excuse on behalf of the account holder, really not necessary when I already offer return for change of mind

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that your items were granny fashion, I was thinking from a 12yo's perspective......or how I thought at 12yo. Anyone over about 25yo was ancient!

I'm not sure why people have to make up lame excuses. I've had the disability card played at me a few times. One buyer was downright nasty and accused me of ripping off the disabled. Ummm, how was I supposed to know she was disabled, or had a disabled child, or whoever she was trying to defend?

If nothing else, you now have it in writing from eBay that the buyer is at fault. If they jack up and refuse to remove the defect, or automatically close the case in the buyers favour, you now have proof. DO NOT lose that email!!!!! Fingers crossed it all works out. I'm sure it will work out in the end.

Thanks for the update!

Message 27 of 31
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

I have a laptop, so no mouse here. Just very naughty pets!

Message 28 of 31
Latest reply

@rachelle011273 wrote:

my funds are still held and I still have to wait for the buyer to return the item if she does or to close the case and then I have to yet again contact ebay to remove defect and most probably only then will I have the funds released ... what a big waste of time

the previous defect for item not recieved on another case where the buyer failed to collect the item from her post office still has not been removed

I am under the impression that even ebay customer service reps do not understand the system lol

My advice would be that if the buyer doesn't return the item, then don't do anything - the case will time out automatically and then you will get your funds released.  If you ring to ask to close the case - this is asking ebay to step in and you will lose. This can take up to 45 days or more so you will have to be patient.

If she does return the item then it's over in a flash (assuming the item is as you sent it) - you can refund through ebay, minus the postage charges and it is all over.  You will get your fees back straight away.  

As for the defect, if the case just times out then the defect should just fall off after a few days or the next report day on the 20th.  If not, I wouldn't worry anyway - this whole defect shambles will be over in February.

Message 29 of 31
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@rachelle011273 wrote:

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that your items were granny fashion, I was thinking from a 12yo's perspective......or how I thought at 12yo. Anyone over about 25yo was ancient!

I'm not sure why people have to make up lame excuses. I've had the disability card played at me a few times. One buyer was downright nasty and accused me of ripping off the disabled. Ummm, how was I supposed to know she was disabled, or had a disabled child, or whoever she was trying to defend?

If nothing else, you now have it in writing from eBay that the buyer is at fault. If they jack up and refuse to remove the defect, or automatically close the case in the buyers favour, you now have proof. DO NOT lose that email!!!!! Fingers crossed it all works out. I'm sure it will work out in the end.

Thanks for the update!

My partner is disabled. If anybody tried to play that card I would probably play mine straight back - "Sorry, I'm selling for my disabled partner as she can't use a computer very well..."

I'm selling for me, but that statement would have more truth in it than the average buyer's.

I hate people who play the disability card, which includes disabled people, other than to the extent necessary to level the playing field.

Message 30 of 31
Latest reply