eBay pays some "Mentors" to post on Community boards?

x3n0m
Community Member

I woulda kept this to myself except the constant scuttling of rodents about this place requires some kind of pest control ..

"It appears eBay is paying some people to respond to questions on its community discussion boards."

So hopefully that puts to rest the speculation about certain ebay cheerleaders about the place here .. it certainly explains why they actually live here and are so nasty to people who post about difficult topics here .. this corrupt empire is crumbling into a cesspool .. this would explain why it is so painful attempting any type of serious conversation on this seller board here ..

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2021/6/1623719450.html

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

imastawka
Honored Contributor

That article is regarding the USA boards.

A different kettle of fish.

Ebay actually has staff who read and respond on the USA boards.

Certainly not here.

If so, I want some money, and back pay.

Message 2 of 66
Latest reply

Any particular reason you just mention the part about some users being paid, and not that it's part of a publicised "mentor" program on the US boards that's been running since 2018, nor that fact that participating members have an exclusive badge that's visible on their community user profile, making it really easy to see which members are part of the program and which aren't?

One might be tempted to think either you only saw one small fragment of info, or only posted the bit that suited the narrative you wanted to spin. 

Message 3 of 66
Latest reply

Two instant replies criticizing the post! Shows how quickly these sham ebay posters are exposed.  

These ebay paid posters need to be clearly badged by law here in Australia to disclose their affiliation with ebay so as not to mislead people

Message 4 of 66
Latest reply

Only two posters misleading anyone on this post to date - and it's not the other respondents

Message 5 of 66
Latest reply

@asporty wrote:

Two instant replies criticizing the post! Shows how quickly these sham ebay posters are exposed.  

These ebay paid posters need to be clearly badged by law here in Australia to disclose their affiliation with ebay so as not to mislead people

Ah of course - if conspiracy theories are criticised, then that must be part of the conspiracy!

Sound logic there, though I guess it keeps people from ever having to think critically about conspiracy theories. I note you didn't counter or even address the actual criticisms, just the fact that they were critical. 🙄

Message 6 of 66
Latest reply

@asporty wrote:

I agree, but none exist.

Message 7 of 66
Latest reply

@asporty wrote:

No, it is criticism where criticism is due.  Pity you did not see that it relates to  Ebay US, before posting rubbish comments.

Message 8 of 66
Latest reply

@asporty wrote:

The OP and your post are a load of codswallop.

Or rather, simply downright untrue.

Better to ask questions then blindly accuse, especially seeing as it's false.

image host
Message 9 of 66
Latest reply

Ah nice. More showing of true colors, with the naive following them. 😊

Message 10 of 66
Latest reply