eBay pays some "Mentors" to post on Community boards?

x3n0m
Community Member

I woulda kept this to myself except the constant scuttling of rodents about this place requires some kind of pest control ..

"It appears eBay is paying some people to respond to questions on its community discussion boards."

So hopefully that puts to rest the speculation about certain ebay cheerleaders about the place here .. it certainly explains why they actually live here and are so nasty to people who post about difficult topics here .. this corrupt empire is crumbling into a cesspool .. this would explain why it is so painful attempting any type of serious conversation on this seller board here ..

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2021/6/1623719450.html

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

That article relates to the USA boards.

As for paying people to be on the Aus boards, I'd find it hard to believe they would pay Australians anything considering our high rate of hourly pay. As it is, they barely educate and pay minimum wage to the customer service members who are always based overseas in cheap labour countries and have very little selling experience themselves so they don't have half a clue what to actually do or how to resolve things.

To be honest, the boards here can be a mix - there are some who are pretty blunt in their responses and that can be unfortunate. You have to develop a bit of a thick skin when you post something here, but I think that forums everywhere around the world are pretty much the same. I'm on several other selling sites and don't notice much of a difference TBH.

Those of us who frequent the boards do get a bit frustrated when a buyer/seller does not follow the Ebay guidelines on handling situations, and that can reflect in the answers given. Ebay gives everyone the tools to sort out 99% of the issues that arise, but many people have not even read the basics of selling or buying or just how the whole Ebay ecosystem works. Only after they get into difficulty and have lost money do they suddenly realise that they don't have any understanding of what they are doing.

I was at the post office a few weeks ago and while having a chat, they told me that a woman had come in to post something BACK TO CHINA because it was not as described and the seller told her to do so. The postage back cost her almost $70 and I just shook my head at being told this, knowing that all the buyer had to do was open a case and she would not have had any of this hassle or loss of money. So, yes, when a buyer like that comes to the boards they are not going to get a warm cuddle and a cup of cocoa. 

Message 11 of 66
Latest reply

@asporty wrote:

Ah nice. More showing of true colors, with the naive following them. 😊

Speaking of yourself and the OP are you ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 66
Latest reply

This relates to selling in Australia (the board posted on), how? Or selling, how?

As usual, off-topic, even when you start the thread.

Message 13 of 66
Latest reply

x3n0m
Community Member

digital_ghost said "One might be tempted to think either you only saw one small fragment of info, or only posted the bit that suited the narrative you wanted to spin."

.. what actually happened is; I read the entire article that I linked to in the Opening Post there and also read "ALL" the reader comments following it .. then I posted a link here on the Australian Ebay seller bulletin boards to the article .. no conspiracy, all in plain sight .. .. it seems to me like you are the one attempting the "spin" ..

----------------------------------------------------------------------

jellybirddesigns said "Those of us who frequent the boards do get a bit frustrated when a buyer/seller does not follow the Ebay guidelines on handling situations, and that can reflect in the answers given."

tsk tsk .. that sounds almost apologetic or apologist .. an attempt to excuse bad manners .. just in case you didn't know; bad manners sometimes creates lasting animosity ..

davewill said: "This relates to selling in Australia (the board posted on), how? Or selling, how?

As usual, off-topic, even when you start the thread."

I am sure you and your crew have done some extensive button pushing attempting to shut this topic down .. but it is highly relevant to these Australian ebay seller boards .. if you have read all the reader comments there in the linked article you will find some other cherries in there too ..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 14 of 66
Latest reply

I will call a fool, an idiot, for free.  No paid opinion here.

Message 15 of 66
Latest reply

@x3n0m wrote:

digital_ghost said "One might be tempted to think either you only saw one small fragment of info, or only posted the bit that suited the narrative you wanted to spin."

.. what actually happened is; I read the entire article that I linked to in the Opening Post there and also read "ALL" the reader comments following it .. then I posted a link here on the Australian Ebay seller bulletin boards to the article .. no conspiracy, all in plain sight .. .. it seems to me like you are the one attempting the "spin" ..

Anyone who clicks the link to the article you linked can read what it says very clearly, and anyone who has the ability to think rationally can see you were not only extraordinarily selective in the information you posted, but you also abstracted and then essentialised the information in the linked article.

It went from the article saying members on the US boards have been recruited into a mentor program to answer questions and have been paid for doing so, while also being visible as members of the mentor program, to you abstracting that to "ebay pays people to post on the boards", and then essentiaslising that to "posters here are secretly paid to defend eBay on this forum". 

The link in no way evidences what you say it does.

Referencing the comments of like-minded people who posted replies to the article doesn't back you up the way you seem to think it does, either, none of them have proof, they just speak "matter of factly" and bitterly reference how mean people on the forums are (so of course they have to be eBay stooges). It just demonstrates you're only prepared to listen to people who already agree with you. 

Message 16 of 66
Latest reply

OP has form, d*g. Has never offered an answer to a question, only posts to have a go at people.

Message 17 of 66
Latest reply

I spend a lot of time on the US boards, the volunteers are not paid anymore than they are here, but they do have eBay reps who come to the boards to help (not much more help than CS, but hey).

There is always a tool or two (like you) that think differently, always makes me laugh LOL, and you are always so easy to spot

Message 18 of 66
Latest reply

animals-infestation-infested-infesting-mouse-mice-jmp060311_low.jpg

It's very obvious eBay cannot afford me. 🤣

Message 19 of 66
Latest reply

@katistrophik wrote:

There is always a tool or two (like you) that think differently, always makes me laugh LOL, and you are always so easy to spot

Aha, spotted one ebay sham poster for sure. Certainly is a bit Klaustrophobik in here with all these phony posters crowding the forums, thus keeping the real posters away.

Message 20 of 66
Latest reply