eBay pays some "Mentors" to post on Community boards?

x3n0m
Community Member

I woulda kept this to myself except the constant scuttling of rodents about this place requires some kind of pest control ..

"It appears eBay is paying some people to respond to questions on its community discussion boards."

So hopefully that puts to rest the speculation about certain ebay cheerleaders about the place here .. it certainly explains why they actually live here and are so nasty to people who post about difficult topics here .. this corrupt empire is crumbling into a cesspool .. this would explain why it is so painful attempting any type of serious conversation on this seller board here ..

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2021/6/1623719450.html

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

@asporty wrote:

@katistrophik wrote:

There is always a tool or two (like you) that think differently, always makes me laugh LOL, and you are always so easy to spot

Aha, spotted one ebay sham poster for sure. Certainly is a bit Klaustrophobik in here with all these phony posters crowding the forums, thus keeping the real posters away.

Another rubbish comment!    If  ebay gave a rats about manipulating comment on these forums,  why would they bother to pay or employ posters for comments,  when they could simply own,  operate and censor the boards. 

Or they could simply pay the moderators,  to remove any content they felt like.  IE:  why would this thread still exist

Message 21 of 66
Latest reply

Cheers! You have been very helpful and wish there was more like you !

I think its more like a Kettle of Yabbies'!

Message 22 of 66
Latest reply

x3n0m
Community Member

I remember watching this cartoon when I was kid; it was called "Stop The Pigeon" .. mutley always wanted a medal .. lol .. funny ..

Posting on these boards is a lot like this ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj6-LG5VpGk

you know it's true ..

but the real truth is we are flesh and blood people .. not cartoons ..

it all gets back to ebay policies which affect our ability to sell in the ecommerce arena .. a resentment builds when we see problematic policies .. the word from "the regulars" is to suck it up .. it just seems an indefensible stance to take and then to see these people so defensive of ebay's every stupid policy .. many very very sneaky and counter intuitive to good customer relations .. I could name a few and they have all been discussed at great length here over the years .. the regulars always chanting suck it up sweetheart .. sickening .. people really want change ..

.. eventually the dam will break and an honest player will take the whole freaking lot .. people have had a gutful ..

eBay described the following perks of becoming a mentor:

- Access to a private Mentor's Lounge where you can connect with peers 

- Direct access to eBay's Community team, including monthly video chats 

- Opportunity to shape new features for the Community 

- An exclusive badge on your Community profile 

- Invitations to exclusive events and opportunities

.. just my opinion here but it is starting to sound more like a cult than ecommerce to me .. 

something like Amway or Scientology .. we just want to sell our stuff .. we are tired of the smoke and mirrors and BS ..

Message 23 of 66
Latest reply

What a waste of space.

Again, this relates to the USA boards, not here.

Message 24 of 66
Latest reply

Do you realise what a fool you are making of yourself?

Message 25 of 66
Latest reply

.. ebay is not going to change for the better and "the regulars" are going to keep cheering it all on till it collapses .. and lets not forget the accusations in the linked articles reader comments .. there is evidence of unethical conduct left right and centre ..

Message 26 of 66
Latest reply

.. and the only other comment that truly matters is that cassini is killing ebay (best match default plus hidden listings now .. depending on your keywords etc .. its a new thing expect others to mention it soon .. so when those howls of protest come to the boards .. I can imagine the regulars will say but listings are essentially free on ebay now .. blah blah blah) .. anyway to be really really clear and I am changing the topic but I do plan to make this my last post here for a while ..

confusing 70% of ebay buyers with a confusing and unintuitive search result (best match default) and now the rampant problem with "hidden listings" is not going to make friends .. just treating everyone like fools .. obviously cassinni plays favourites .. the game is rigged .. 

.. and it is what it is .. happy selling then ..

Message 27 of 66
Latest reply

.. oh just a little tip .. to boost visibility .. those freaken item specifics "need" updating again to keep cassinni happy .. I refuse to do it .. yet .. grrr ..  it just sucks so hard I can't bring myself to do anything but the basics .. why does ebay make everything so complex? .. I consider most of these item specifics suggestions and requirements almost ridiculous as for example; one of my items has 95 item specifics ebay suggests/requires (an old computer book I was hoping to make $5 on after all the fees and postage etc)  .. when it could drop neatly into a subcategory .. it should have it owns sub-category like vintage computer books and it would sell easy there .. but no its lost in the mix .. probably hidden by cassinni right now .. who knows? .. anyway .. I am not into battling the tide .. competition from competitors is one thing .. a sales partner that selectively hides listings and subtly prompts you to fill out 95 item specifics for a $5 item is absurd .. other items require 45 item specifics etc .. most require 10 or 15 item specifics .. but yeah do that and cassinni is happy for a little while .. so I leave with a gift .. now get to work! ..

Message 28 of 66
Latest reply

Bye Bye.

Message 29 of 66
Latest reply

image host
Message 30 of 66
Latest reply