managed payments

I have emailed ACCC

Ebay is now demanding they receive all Payments for sales through them, they are calling it Managed Payments. I am wondering if this is actually legal to demand how we accept payments. Years ago they tried to make it payment by Paypal only and the ACCC ruled against it,

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: managed payments

It's their platform so they can do what they want I'd guess

Message 21 of 40
Latest reply

Ebay does not decide the outcome but the bank who issued the card. I just lost one and was charged $22 for a $14 item with $12.50 postage. It was a mower blade I have sold around 50 of and the buyer claimed they received the wrong one. 

Message 22 of 40
Latest reply

Interesting that the OP hasn't come back with the results of the ACCC complaint. Funny about that.

Message 23 of 40
Latest reply

Also worth noting, thereโ€™s now a $22 (excl GST of course) fee if you lose a dispute. They snuck that one in very quietly!

Dispute fees

When you are found responsible for a chargeback or other disputed amount as per eBay's policies, we charge a dispute fee of $22 (excl. GST) for each dispute.

Message 24 of 40
Latest reply

moto288
Community Member

Oh wow, I just got stung by the "Payment on hold" problem with Managed Payments and have come to this thread to see how low ebay have gone.....

Message 25 of 40
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

... eBay aren't eliminating non-electronic payment methods. Sellers will still be able to receive bank deposit (not facilitated through eBay's managed payments system) cash on pick up (impossible to facilitate through managed payments) and presumably other non-electronic payment methods too, though I doubt they are used much these days, if at all (COD, cheque, money order).

So, this paragraph didn't age well.... ๐Ÿ˜ฌ ๐Ÿ˜…

It was the info eBay were providing a year ago, but they either quickly changed their minds, decided it was too hard, or outright lied. In any case, since the thread has resurfaced, just wanted to correct this as all manual payments (except for cash on pick up) are unavailable once moved over to managed payments.

Message 26 of 40
Latest reply

I have been on eBay for 19 years and this managed payment thing REALLY **bleep** me off and we must protest against it.

I tried to revert back to the old system but they wonโ€™t let you do that. I lodged complaints online to eBay with no result. The only way we will win on this is if we stop selling on eBay (like I am doing) or reduce our selling and affect eBays bottom line - then they will listen!

All this will do is encourage off the platform and once they find one, they and their customers will move to that never to return.

Message 27 of 40
Latest reply

Bye,  enjoy life

Message 28 of 40
Latest reply

Maybe educate yourself about why Managed Payments was introduced 

eBay are not going to notice who stops selling 

And I am sorry to add, eBay is slow to join when it comes to MP

A vast majority of selling platforms will also have to join eBay and the rest before much longer

Message 29 of 40
Latest reply

GO FOR IT, managed payments is an ebay SCAM in my opinion. If you sell an item Thursday night, you might have your money by Wednesday the following week  !! FRAUDULANT use of MY money by ebay, in my opinion

Message 30 of 40
Latest reply