no sales

my sales are zero - what is happening

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: no sales

-------------------

"One last.... the trick with ebay is the more items you list...the more you sell. Try to list most days even if it is one item

As soon as you stop listing for a few days...I guarantee no sales

Dave"

------------------

@ Yarmak, sorry but that's nonsense.

I can go weeks without listing anything new and yet my sales are up 22% over the last 30 days and 59% compared to this time last year.

The last time I listed anything new was probably back in March.

Message 21 of 33
Latest reply

Jellybirds...this has been my experience..it is not nonsense

Dave

Message 22 of 33
Latest reply

You are selling in a very competitive market. There are so many similar listings on eBay (not to mention other online platforms). Then there are B&M shops selling similar fabric etc.

Many of your competitors have 100s or 1000s of items listed. Given how many you have available you can't expect to sell much more than you're currently selling.

I'd aim to dramatically increase your amount of listings if you want to increase your sales. I realise this is not possible for everyone due to time constraints etc.

Good luck

Message 23 of 33
Latest reply

Another offset during COVID apart from the upswing in online sales has been an upswing in online sellers joining eBay to sell that stuff lying around home. They now have the time and they now need the money.

For sellers in the general second hand bric a brac / clothing market you suddenly have more competition.
Message 24 of 33
Latest reply

I paid $0 in fees on one of my accounts this month. I think last month too. You know what that means, don't you?

Message 25 of 33
Latest reply

I doubt you took up ebays no final value selling fees for the month if you switched your listings to Ebay Plus.

Message 26 of 33
Latest reply

My listings don't qualify for Plus, and never will. I have postage on majority of items, and a 5 day handling time. I won't be changing that because while I normally get stuff out the next day, sometimes it has been 4 or 5 days before I can get to the PO.

Message 27 of 33
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

-------------------

"One last.... the trick with ebay is the more items you list...the more you sell. Try to list most days even if it is one item

As soon as you stop listing for a few days...I guarantee no sales

Dave"

------------------

@ Yarmak, sorry but that's nonsense.

I can go weeks without listing anything new and yet my sales are up 22% over the last 30 days and 59% compared to this time last year.

The last time I listed anything new was probably back in March.

I,m with Yarmak on this one. While I don't think sales stop immediately when a seller stops listing, I do think they slow over time. If left to long an account can end up in a death spiral of no sales which can be hard to break. I try to list new items regularly and have found a definite correlation with new listings drives views and sales. The more sales, the higher your visibility on all items and this compounds to increasing sales further.

One proviso though is that the new listings actually need to be stuff people want. If you just list junk no one wants, no one will view the items and it can have the opposite effect by actually damaging sales.

Message 28 of 33
Latest reply

As for sales, I have stopped selling to overseas customers due to COVID 19. OS sales usually make up around 30% of my turnover. Australian sales have been gradually picking up to the point where I have just had a slightly above average month even without international sales, meaning local sales are up around 40% on long term average.

If you want to sell stuff, list items that buyers actually want, not just things you want to get rid of. ( If its your junk, chances are lots of other people want to get rid of it too. )

Message 29 of 33
Latest reply

Sales on our company's primary account (not this one!) last month were a full 30% over our best month ever, and fully double our monthly average. And 19 days into this month, we're at two-thirds of last month's total.

Last six weeks have been the best we've ever had...

Message 30 of 33
Latest reply