now I know why a post loose money

I just got a letter parcel it had sydney water  and on the right postage paid australia, on the back it had many ways to pay your bill.

well I dont live in sydney ,but it was addressed to me ,I opened it and it was a parcel I ordered from a seller in nsw. he used there paid envelope from sydney water which he got his bill in .

what a cheapscate

Message 1 of 279
Latest reply
278 REPLIES 278

Just took a screenie        nerd.gif       but we can forgo the pics on the day,  ta   

Message 71 of 279
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

who is talking about discounts not me , I am talking about using used postage page envelopes again mmmmm

How do these work anyway. Does the utility company get charged when the envelope is used or is it actually prepaid whether used or not?

If the former then the utility company is cheated, if the latter then its not costing any extra, so no one is cheated

Its not a good look, but either way it has nothing do with the buyer, they are getting the item posted to them. If they are expecting a freebie past on to them as a cost saving then they are no different than the seller in taking advantage.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 72 of 279
Latest reply

How about either the utility company or the Post Office is being ripped off

'Your taxes at work'

Message 73 of 279
Latest reply

hi  I thought it could be either one or theother but now I am confident aust post is loosing because the envelope is sticky taped at one end , anyway it will all be revieled when i get the next order in an envelope soon.

Message 74 of 279
Latest reply

What an agist person you are! Pensioners are the only ones that can buy 50 concession stamps a year. Pensioners can open and run an EBay store. here is no restrictions on the use of Pensioner Concession stamps.

STOP BEING AGIST

Message 75 of 279
Latest reply

@stampingpaws wrote:

What an agist person you are! Pensioners are the only ones that can buy 50 concession stamps a year. Pensioners can open and run an EBay store. here is no restrictions on the use of Pensioner Concession stamps.

STOP BEING AGIST

Please pay attention...........

1. It's already been pointed out on this thread that pensioners are not the only

ones that can buy the concession stamps.  They are available to all HCC holders.

2. I never made a statement that said pensioners can't open an ebay store.

3.  No, there are no restrictions on how the concession stamps are used

4.  I'm a pensioner myself and only use the stamps for personal use - not ebay.

My choice on that one. 

5.  Being a pensioner I am no spring chicken, so where does the agist comment

come from?

6.  My original complaint was being overcharged for postage.  Perhaps I didn't

word it very well.

7.  Because obviously nobody has really read anything that I've posted,

it no longer matters what I post.  I'm betting not many have read this far.

I'm sick of explaining.   I'm done with it.

(I also self - edited the four letter words I had in there)

Message 76 of 279
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

How about either the utility company or the Post Office is being ripped off

'Your taxes at work'

If the postage has been paid AP is not ripped off, if the envelope is otherwise going in the trash then utility is not being ripped off either, It is using a prepaid postage service that is otherwise going to waste, it is not costing utility anything extra. Think of it as not a prepaid envelope rather if utility sent you a stamp for your use if wanted to use it. Would you toss that in the bin, then go buy a new one?

If postage is actually charged/activated when envelope is actually used then yes utility is being frauded.

Message 77 of 279
Latest reply

I'm guessing its the later, company is charged per postage activated rather than prepaid up front.

Message 78 of 279
Latest reply

So you are actually implying that we can all use the same pre-paid envelope

again and again and again and that Australia Post is not the loser?

That's what Joe got.    An envelope that his seller got his water bill in, and

then re-posted it to Joe

Message 79 of 279
Latest reply

thank you ima ,   look lane ,this is what this seller is doing, I have just got a letter from simply energy today ,it has a postage paid stamp on it done with a machine at a post office its printed on there letter .  lets say  ,now if i open the letter ,and take out my invoice , then fill the letter with a small item and sticky tape the end ,and then stick a sticker over the window with your details ,and send it to you ,whithout ,putting a stamp on, who misses out [   aust post .mmmmmmmmm] the paid postage australia printed on the letter can only be used  once. not twice , now I have ordered again from this seller and in a few days we will see what company letter head it will come in. 

so far in the competition we have  telstra,,energyaustralia..  vic roads.  auburn council....

Message 80 of 279
Latest reply