now I know why a post loose money

I just got a letter parcel it had sydney water  and on the right postage paid australia, on the back it had many ways to pay your bill.

well I dont live in sydney ,but it was addressed to me ,I opened it and it was a parcel I ordered from a seller in nsw. he used there paid envelope from sydney water which he got his bill in .

what a cheapscate

Message 1 of 279
Latest reply
278 REPLIES 278

@joethenuts wrote:

thank you ima ,   look lane ,this is what this seller is doing, I have just got a letter from simply energy today ,it has a postage paid stamp on it done with a machine at a post office its printed on there letter .  lets say  ,now if i open the letter ,and take out my invoice , then fill the letter with a small item and sticky tape the end ,and then stick a sticker over the window with your details ,and send it to you ,whithout ,putting a stamp on, who misses out [   aust post .mmmmmmmmm] the paid postage australia printed on the letter can only be used  once. not twice , now I have ordered again from this seller and in a few days we will see what company letter head it will come in. 

so far in the competition we have  telstra,,energyaustralia..  vic roads.  auburn council....

Add his Bank for me joe Smiley Happy

Message 81 of 279
Latest reply

Add Centrelink for me.  They obviously can't afford the price of a stamp because they've probably run out of concession stamps.  Smiley Very Happy

These envelopes would be pre-printed and when Sydney Water post their mail they would hand a box (or two, or 100 boxes) to AP, all packed in bundles with a slip of paper saying how many they were in each bundle.  AP work out the amount owing and write it up against Sydney Water's account, but they don't frank the envelopes because that's the whole point of having Postage Paid Australia on them in the top right corner.  It's all part of having a business account with AP and it saves everyone time, which is why they get a reduced rate for their mail.

One of their water customers has obviously re-used the envelope, but not stuck a stamp over the postage paid bit, and stuck it in a letterbox.  AP wouldn't know who posted it and it would have easily slipped through the system.  Joe's PO could have sent him a bill for underpaid postage but a lot of post offices just wouldn't bother on small letters.

So the person who posted the letter didn't pay any postage on the letter and they are ripping AP off.  Sydney Water would have only been charged when they originally posted the letter as part of a bulk mailing.

This is the most hilarious thread in ages.  If people actually read half of what was said it'd be quite boring!

Message 82 of 279
Latest reply

put me down for centrelink 

edit - too slow pipped at the post by englishrose Cat Indifferent

Ok I will go for, um, um

Readers Digest sweepstakes competition envelope

Message 83 of 279
Latest reply

Great minds think alike. We'll have to share the prize if we're right. 🐵
Message 84 of 279
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

well i have spent big ,  I have just ordered from the same place , get this 4 blue-pens + delivery from sydney to mebourne ,yes you are right for a whole $1. .

now I am taking bets on what utility company envelope will it come in , the first to get it right will win a prize , only  1 entry per Id  good luck......entries close when i get my order of pens.

What sort of odds are you offering on the pens you receive being branded as Australia post  and outwardly coloured red and white??

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 85 of 279
Latest reply

hi viewmont I have seen the picture of the pens and they are those **bleep**y ones .

to english there is no room even for a concesion stamp , all there 8 lines they have for sale are $1 including postage, even on there feedback., allow 50 cents for paypal and ebay fees , then product .   my thread was mainly about does this happen a lot,

Message 86 of 279
Latest reply

hurry up guys with the pick the envelope comp, just checked and it has been sent this morning at 1 am.

[could you imagine if you had a listening device in there home ,it would go like this .hey honey we have run out of envelopes , oh damm it , wait I know ,I have a couple of bills to pay ,I just wont pay them and wait for some reminders and we will get more envelopes, I knew there was something about you ,thats why I married you honey.  lol

Message 87 of 279
Latest reply

I'll guess AGL  🙂

Message 88 of 279
Latest reply

hi   myselection  when reading the fine print  ,you must let me know which bank  thanks ,  not there bank  thank-you

Message 89 of 279
Latest reply

asporty, I like your thinking with the courier vs post office delivery.

Only problem is Toll is our only option down our way and are more expensive than the PO.

I too am peed off that there is an extra $1200 for me to pay ebay due to the fees on postage.

It would be good for the buyer to pay postage charges at the other end, therefore not need to list them and save on the extra postage fee charged by ebay.

I also note many more sellers don't include postage in their listing just mentioning free pickup and then get the buyer to pump the postage costs straight into their bank account bypassing paypal fees and the postage fee in one hit.

Depending on the weight of an item, these savings soon add up for both the buyer and help the seller compete with a lower priced item.

Message 90 of 279
Latest reply