Book Fairs, Library Sales - Dates & Times

Let's continue the great thread from the 'old' boards and share information about Library Sales, Book Fairs
Message 1 of 1,392
Latest reply
1,391 REPLIES 1,391

Re: Book Fairs, Library Sales - Dates & Times

don't worry Tangles I have been bolted to the seat so I can't go book hunting
Message 521 of 1,392
Latest reply

Just back from a local primary school fete. I was very restrained & only bought 38 books. I will be a good little girl and list them all today so they are not lying around the study floor - hmmmm after I have had my morning cuppa!
Message 522 of 1,392
Latest reply

You'll never know if you never go.
Those book sales are very addictive especially when you find those elusive treasures.
Message 523 of 1,392
Latest reply

You'll never know if you never go.
Those book sales are very addictive especially when you find those elusive treasures.

Trouble is, IF you don't go you lay awake at night an fret over what elusive rare item that you *might* have missed out on....well at least I do!

Book scouting, book collecting, book everything is such an addictive condition!

Arghhh!

GB x
Message 524 of 1,392
Latest reply

I( used to be right.

I bought books, new, put them in the bookcase, periodically pulled them out and reread them.....

Never got rid of one.

Then the re-internet came along, and I started buying 2nd hand to fill gaps.

Then I started running out of room, so decided to sell the ones I didn't reread to fund my purchases.

Then I went to a Lifeline Fair.

Now I structure my life around a pastime that doesn't actually return a profit.

Good thing I haven't developed an addiction to, or obsession about, bookselling. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 525 of 1,392
Latest reply

For any central QLDer's Quota Bookfest Maryborough City Hall.

From 7.30 am on September 23 -25 the Maryborough City Hall will be filled with books... Hundreds of thousands of books will be available covering almost every topic, and a great selection of children's books, priced from just 20c - well so the ad runs...

Will try and get there as just half an hour from here on the Fraser Coast..

Love Books.. pretty sure you probably don't need any more books right now but think might be reasonably close to your vicinity too ๐Ÿ™‚ if it sounds tempting!
Message 526 of 1,392
Latest reply

Canberra Lifeline Book Fair.

Fri 24 - Sun 26 September.

Good prices for buyers. After (usually) 1.30 on Sunday realistic prices for resellers. Whilst the popular stuff has gone by then, it makes it a bit easier to find the wheat as most of the chaff has gone.

YMCA Monster Garage Sale, Sat 9 October, YMCA Yarralumla. Books $10 per box. I can usually fit 40+ books in a box.
Call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye - Don Henley
Message 527 of 1,392
Latest reply

Well, the Latrobe City Library book sale was a bit of a fizzer. They were late opening as the council person hadn't turned up with the key for the hall. And there wasn't as much variety as I was expecting, going on previous sales. Sweet FA teen books (only found 3 teen roms & a couple of others), not as big a range of kids books as usual & what they had was more spread out so it looked like there was more available.
I did manage to find some fantasy & sci fi, but mainly got my old standby of large prints but alas there were no Cussler ones. There was a David Cassidy biography though, tempted as I was I didn't get it. ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 528 of 1,392
Latest reply

Was it his autobiography, sqauki? I read "I Think I Love You" which is a fiction book based around a girls teen crush on DAvid Cassidy, and his autobiography is mentioned in it. Seems he wasn't as...erm....chaste as his image portrayed. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 529 of 1,392
Latest reply

Yeah but the large print version. I was one of those teens with a sky high crush on him. He could have been unchaste with me any old time. :^O
Message 530 of 1,392
Latest reply